Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADD, ADHD, ADDDDDDDDDDD.......questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADD, ADHD, ADDDDDDDDDDD.......questions.

Or any of the other acronyms associated. Anyone here a parent of a child diagnosed?

Did you go the natural or medicated route?
    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

natural medication = dad giving me a good belting with his belt.
    But they would rather drug the kids up these days.
    IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

my son was diagnosed with ADD we took him to a few visits with a good Psychologist and he gave us some very good methods for dealing with my son it worked well, he is now a manager for Wollworths and doing great in his life. I'm sure this method was right for him. I also took him out of mainstream school and put him in open learning school when the teachers at one of the state schools told me he was a class disruption when he was about to enter grade 2! That was the first warning sign. State schools aren't set up to deal with every kid, just the majority.

Comment

The way you've been posting today, I definitely think you are.

Now share your ritalin with the rest of us
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

No meds (did use them at one point, but wouldn't recommend for long term... at all).

Learned to deal with it.

Comment

I was on the meds, which if used correctly teach you how to deal with it.

Comment

Go natural. There are many ways of dealing with it. It's just a matter of finding what works best for the child/person.
              I used meds back in high school. They were great for getting work done, but the negative side effects far outweighed the positives for me.
              My advice, learn all you can about ways of living with it and use what seems like sound advice. Do not go for the quick fix. It's (usually) only temporary.

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                The way you've been posting today, I definitely think you are.

Now share your ritalin with the rest of us
                mine mine mine mine mine mine
                hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Oh, Cols, you do realise that the prescribed medication for ADD is pharmaceutical speed don't you?

Comment

Nope im not going for a quick fix at all. My boys a good kid. Polite, well mannered ect. But does have difficulties in maintaining concentration. ADD from what Ive been reading about is nothing to do with belting a kid, or discipline lacking in their upbringing...thats often flouted by people hwo are uneducated about ADD ect. What I was wanting to know is more information. Information = Knowledge, Knowledge=better armed to make the right decision.

Comment

Find out what does keep his attention and use that as a mechanism to teach concentration and focus.

Comment

My oldest was "diagnosed" when he was 5-6.
                        He could not sit still etc, major disruption in class, the whole hog. Thing was, if he was interested in something he was totally focussed. The "normal" school system is not set up to cope with kids (most who are boys) that do not sit still and act like nice good little well behaved girls.
                        Did not go medication route, he is 15 next month and doing really well. (You've met him Cols) There were times though when I was tearing my hair out....
                        Why be difficult?
                        Put some effort into it and be IMPOSSIBLE !

Comment

Natural for me. Always had to watch what i ate, and learnt to deal with it. Did pretty well at school as well. Still seem to get distracted every now and then ( or if you ask the other half - all the time). Younger brother was on Dexies for his ADHD - not a path I'd go down.
                          Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
                          For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Comment

Yes learn to deal with it naturaly and make some money with your prescription. You can sell me your prescription No ritalin tho (serious)

Comment

I can't emphasise how important it is to have a correct diagnosis with ADHD. It is very commonly misdiagnosed. Once that's done, it will be easier to decide on treatment. It really shouldn't be restricted to either prescription meds or "natural" meds. I'd strongly recommend psychological treatment as an option.
                              "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X