This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Forum-goers

One of PSBs excellent traditions is the Annual Clown Shoes Award. A special award for bike related acts of idiocy that have taken place in the last year (since the previous award). People are nominated, then a poll is posted online, and the "winner" is shod at the Christmas Party.

Last year's nomination thread mostly sucked. This is possibly owing to a lack of good stories, but, either way, there was lots of whinging, plenty of quibbling over which ones are valid, which fall under the Section 60 Award instead (that's another story) etc.

I want to see more good ones this year

What makes a good nomination?
    Well, first, it needs to fit the criteria...
    Originally posted by Deej
    If you consider there is a forum member worthy of receiving such a prestigious award, please nominate them by following these guidelines:

* If nominating, please state the PSB users name and a description of the Shoes-worthy event.
    * You may nominate them for a Shoes-worth act weither it occurred on a motorbike or off a motorbike, however if off a motorbike it must been closely associated with a forum related matter, event, or people.
    * Nominations can only be accepted for events that occurred between xxx and xxx (the preceding award period).
    I'd imagine the cut-off will be the 12th of November 2008, as that what when the voting closed last year. Anything since then should be fair game

Make it a good post, and tell the story. Don't post up a one-liner and "leave it to someone else" to tell it better.

Anything involving a reckless charge, or a serious run-in with the police, should probably be saved for the Section 60 Award.

The reason I'm saying this now, is you should all put your thinking caps on and note down a few (don't post them now). Use the search feature, there's been lots of good threads and posts this year (even one from myself). I've used the "subscribe to thread" feature to bookmark a couple
    The nominations threads usually go up some time in November, so there's probably about six weeks to get your stories ready.

Here are some old threads to browse through
    Clown Shoes Nominations 2004
    Clown Shoes Nominations 2005
    Clown Shoes Nominations 2006
    Clown Shoes Nominations 2007
    Clown Shoes Nominations 2008

Ummm get to work

and don't you mean 12th Nov 2009???

Comment

No, like 12 Nov 08 until now

Comment

I can't think of even hearing about anyone doing something remotely shoes worthy this year...
        "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Originally posted by Kryzaach View Post
          I can't think of even hearing about anyone doing something remotely shoes worthy this year...
          Because people are learning to try and keep it quiet. (except the ones who try to knock down trees on O'Briens, then hold photoshoots on site).
          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Didn't someone "loop" their 250 at some point? Hmmm....
            Originally posted by Koola
            Someone sig this.

Comment

several

but shhhhh, save it

Comment

Can't remember who, but I know somebody got hoon lawed on a cbr125. Or does that fall into the category of failing so badly, it becomes a win?
                Can you help with foster care?
                http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                  Can't remember who, but I know somebody got hoon lawed on a cbr125. Or does that fall into the category of failing so badly, it becomes a win?

Anything involving a reckless charge, or a serious run-in with the police, should probably be saved for the Section 60 Award.

Comment

the nomination threads for all the typical awards will be going up in the near future, but as bendito said, be good to start brainstorming for some real beauties this year!

Comment

ooooo....what big letters you have Robbo...

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                        Section 60.

:edit wow slow.

Comment

I vote as the only clown shoes worthy event I was a participant of.

Spending about 10 minutes talking to me about how classic the old r1's are and discussing how many have been written off and the lack of any decent ones left and then flying straight off obriens rd and smashing the shit out his 99.

As first or send on the scene I didnt know whether to rush to his aid or the bikes.

When I realised the bike was dead I went for him instead.
                          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

You only think its funny coz it makes your new toy even rarer!
                            It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                              ooooo....what big letters you have Robbo...

Comment

Working...
                              X