bar flair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bar flair

Anyone do/done much bar flair work? I've been playing a round a bit over the last few days, its pretty good fun just curious about it
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Used to muck around with it when working at Heat, it IS a lot of fun We used to have heaps of different types of bottles lying around to play with. Wouldn't mind getting really good at it for a laugh.
    Originally posted by Koola
    Someone sig this.

Comment

Did you find you had to use bottles with not much left in them? I can't get them to not spill unless they're 1/4 full or less.
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

You can buy practise bottles and most bars that allow bar flair will have them lying around.

They are white and plastic but as heavy as glass.
        My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Yeah i know the ones you're talking about.

Comment

the extent of my experience is watching a friend of a friend who was working at the como attempt it after 4 hours of drinking after his shift finished....

bottle one....SMASH
            hang on, I got this - bottle two.....fumble...SMASH
            no really, I can do it every time... bottle three.... FUCK
            Ok man, I've totally got it thi - "I just want my drink, please....pleeeeaaaase, stop torturing everyone"

Comment

flairing drunk is a bad idea.

Comment

Yeh... Muck around at work every now and then when its slow...

Was quite into it when i first started... But im more worried about spilling/breaking full bottles to do it when we are busy and stuff...

Best way to learn is just keep any bottles that are empty, then get a bit of gaffa tape and tape them up a bit. That way if you drop them and they break, they dont throw glass everywhere. Also grass is a good one
                Try vary the bottles you use... Every bottle spins different and lands different.... after a while you learn the weight etc of how much you'll need to flick it and things....

Bottle that i like best are: Wild Turkey... Huge base to play with for stalls, Real bottom heavy to throw around for spins
                Malibu's always a classic... great plastic film around it makes it just slide through your hands nicely

Also if your working behind a bar... Golden rule is:
                If you cant do it 9/10 times at home, Dont try it at the bar!
                Christianity... It's just one woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Comment

Do it, sober, Semi. DOEEET

You could be
                  vv

^^
                  this cool.
                  "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Psst... Duno if it'll work for you, but when you flair after having a couple (By couple i mean 2-3 standard drinks)... Ive found im better...

Main reasons i can think of are: You start to lose the whole "What if i fuck up" and go with the "Meh... If it breaks, it breaks" attitude
                    You pay more attention to what your doing because you realize you've had a couple
                    Your "looser" and not so tense...
                    Christianity... It's just one woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Comment

i've just started mucking around with flair bartending for a few weeks. i got one of the flair bottles off e-bay for $30 and am now practicing a fair bit in my spair time.
                      i found Moe Harris is fairly good at explaining moves, hope this link works. few good how to clips. Flair Bartending - MonkeySee
                      cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X