This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like hores? (IBTL)

So I have been wondering about this, when does a poster become a whore. I mean I post a lot, but I wouldn't say I'm a whore.
    Generally I'll only comment on something if I'm making a joke or a point. There ar3 us3rs out there on PSB who seem to only post shit about other peoples posts, and usually sub one line posts like "Congratulations" or "That is awesome news" or "Nokias bounce" crap that doesn't contribute to anything except the person's post count. I take this to be whoring. Or is it just white noise?
    At the other end of the scale, there are some that are *so* opinionated that they need to make sure everyone knows about how great their shit is (eg, their bikes, their gear, their iphone, whatever) and whilst at least they make a point, it's just the same point over and over. These are the type that would make essayists blush. They have an opinion, nay, they know the answer to everything you could possibly want to know and diligently hammer out 1000 word responses that require a “key” or “legend” to decipher. This isn’t to mention that they’re frequently uninformed or plain wrong.
    Having said that, the first time you read the opinion/gospel, it can provide a useful (albeit, biased) POV.

Don't even get me started on the people who jump on the bandwagon (RIP), off the bandwagon (2009 R1) or right in front of the bandwagon (torque vs HP, Dorchester Run, Cannonball Run, I looped my bike, I looped my bike outside of the Balmoral, ad infinitum).

What do you think constitutes whoring?
    How do you react to whores?
    What is your opinion of Whores in relation to say, trolls?
    Can Mods be whores?
    Is a whore simply anyone that has a high post count, after all, if someone had slept with 100 people, they're not necessarily a whore by the true definition of the word?

Furthermore, if we were to remove or censor our whores, where would we as a community be? I hesitate to mention them, but other online forums – not necessarily of the West Australian motorcyclist persuasion – seem a little bereft of this type of poster and consequently seem incredibly dull. I certainly feel that whores make PSB more interesting; but are their presence for the greater good?

I suppose at the crux of the debate about the whores is this, what is PSB’s purpose? Is it to entertain or inform? Where do we draw the line?
    "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Originally posted by Kryzaach View Post
    So I have been wondering about this, when does a poster become a whore. I mean I post a lot, but I wouldn't say I'm a whore.
    Generally I'll only comment on something if I'm making a joke or a point. There ar3 us3rs out there on PSB who seem to only post shit about other peoples posts, and usually sub one line posts like "Congratulations" or "That is awesome news" or "Nokias bounce" crap that doesn't contribute to anything except the person's post count. I take this to be whoring. Or is it just white noise?
    At the other end of the scale, there are some that are *so* opinionated that they need to make sure everyone knows about how great their shit is (eg, their bikes, their gear, their iphone, whatever) and whilst at least they make a point, it's just the same point over and over. These are the type that would make essayists blush. They have an opinion, nay, they know the answer to everything you could possibly want to know and diligently hammer out 1000 word responses that require a “key” or “legend” to decipher. This isn’t to mention that they’re frequently uninformed or plain wrong.
    Having said that, the first time you read the opinion/gospel, it can provide a useful (albeit, biased) POV.

Don't even get me started on the people who jump on the bandwagon (RIP), off the bandwagon (2009 R1) or right in front of the bandwagon (torque vs HP, Dorchester Run, Cannonball Run, I looped my bike, I looped my bike outside of the Balmoral, ad infinitum).

Can Mods be whores?
    Is a whore simply anyone that has a high post count, after all, if someone had slept with 100 people, they're not necessarily a whore by the true definition of the word?

Furthermore, if we were to remove or censor our whores, where would we as a community be? I hesitate to mention them, but other online forums – not necessarily of the West Australian motorcyclist persuasion – seem a little bereft of this type of poster and consequently seem incredibly dull. I certainly feel that whores make PSB more interesting; but are their presence for the greater good?

I suppose at the crux of the debate about the whores is this, what is PSB’s purpose? Is it to entertain or inform? Where do we draw the line?
    Originally posted by T-roy View Post
    Maybe it was meant to say horse.

there is a horse on the paper
    Originally posted by Ferris
    I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

I post a lot, but I wouldn't say I'm a whore.
      Is that your call to make?
      Originally posted by Melkor
      The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Can Mods be whores?
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Can Mods be whores?

Ibtl.....
          sigpic

Comment

blah blah blah :attentionwhore: :jerkit: blah blah

I mean I post a lot, but I wouldn't say I'm a whore.
            I think you just became one. Congratulations. :hardbanana:
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

STOPS COPIES ME!!!

lc
              c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

STOPS COPIES ME!!!

lc
                Originally posted by Koola
                Someone sig this.

Comment

NO I'M THE REAL PKUNT!!!

lc

Comment

Generally I'll only comment on something if I'm making a joke or a point. There ar3 us3rs out there on PSB who seem to only post shit about other peoples posts, and usually sub one line posts like "Congratulations" or "That is awesome news" or "Nokias bounce" crap that doesn't contribute to anything except the person's post count. I take this to be whoring. Or is it just white noise? :words:
                    congratulating people or such is a good feature of a community forum

critiquing the art of posting behaviour as you have done constitutes being a post whore as you have contributed nothing but another potential circlejerk/sledge, discussing the discussion itself and raising no new ideas, as there are no new ideas to be raised

that said; i don't care what you do

Comment

You're such a hater, Cip. Just because he didn't post a review of the newest Google feature or application doesn't entitle you to rag on him. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty View Post

NO I'M THE REAL PKUNT!!!

lc

THAT is an excellent question.
                        Originally posted by Koola
                        Someone sig this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty View Post
                          You're such a hater, Cip. Just because he didn't post a review of the newest Google feature or application doesn't entitle you to rag on him. ^_^
                          stop following my posts around the forum hey

Comment

Originally posted by Cip View Post
                            stop following my posts around the forum hey
                            Serious?

I did it directly once. Just once.

If it's that big a deal I won't post in any threads that you've already posted in then. Just extend that courtesy both ways and we'll never have any dramas.

Internet's a playground, I do it indiscriminately, there are others with greater cause for concern, I'm not serious, other non repentant quasi-excuses ad nauseam

Comment

Top thread.

Fived.
                              c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Working...
                              X