Humpday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humpday!

With an extra short slide into the weekend.

My thought today is why can't we do a 4 day weeke every week. I'd happily work 4x10 hour shifts.

I really think people would be happier, and productivity would increase.

What are your thoughts on the matter?
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Well they've got me working five 10-hour shifts for the price of four, why would they want to fuck up a good thing?
    Originally posted by Melkor
    The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

I used to do a 4.5 day week every day for 9.5 years. It nearly killed me the first time I had to work until 5pm on a Friday. 4 x 9hr days and a 4hr day works well if you need to get to a bank, shops etc. Frees up the weekend for other activities.

I'm a big fan of the 9 day fortnight also, so half the office is still working.

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
        Well they've got me working five 10-hour shifts for the price of four, why would they want to fuck up a good thing?
        when I go away I am expected to work 7 x 12hr shifts... of course I get lots of allowances for that? yeah right

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
          You work?!

Last time I checked camping out on news.com.au didn't actually count as employment, Alan of Ballajura...
          "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Barftoad, I only manage to keep a pretty loose handle on things like which day of the week it is, and when I saw this thread title, I was thrown into complete confusion for a good few minutes.
            Stop it :fist:

My mum's old work used to have a 7.5hr workday, but her department did 8hrs a day and got a day off every three weeks (or something like that). I'd love to do similar, but can't. I finally have a salary based job where I mostly work on my own, and the company stuff talks about flexibility etc. but if I end up doing 9-530 rather than 830-5 for a week for whatever reason, the old school managers just can't let it happen. GET WITH THE TIMES MAAAAAAN!

I went to my parents for lasagne last night, and to hang out with my little niece. She doesn't see me much so I go at least every Wednesday so she can get to know me a bit more My parents went to the show on the weekend, and had some choccy showbags for me too ^_^

I forgot to take the showbags out of the boot of my bike, so now I have heaps of chocolate at work yay!

Did anyone else watch Hey Hey?

Comment

happy humpleday

On holiday this week, not doing anything
              Went to the show yesterday, might take the boat out tomorrow

Working about 10 hrs x 5 now, but pretty flexible, Luuuurve long weekends

happy Bert
              It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Oh, I also tried to shave my beard into a wolverine on Tuesday night, but it looked so bad (keep in mind what I've been happy to keep my face/head looking like) that I had to shave it off. Lefty noticed, and my Mum noticed, but noone else has

Comment

Originally posted by Kryzaach View Post
                  You work?!
                  I resent that.
                  Originally posted by Melkor
                  The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

I work 9 day fort nights @ DoT. I love my Rostered days off

Comment

Yes i would be very happy to work 10x4 days

Comment

Sorry for confusing you Bendito.

And sorry to hear about your beard. But you hair was unharmed, right?
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I shaved the 'burns right back almost to the top of my ears, but yes, the 'fro survived unscathed.

It has to last until Halloween ^_^

Comment

That's a relief!

Comment

Today, midday, is actually humpday for me because I had an RDO on Tuesday. 3 day weeks rock!

I took a 10% pay cut and work a 9 day fortnight due to the GFC and the company wanting to cut costs. I like it. I miss having days off on week days from back when I did FIFO. Fuck trying to shop on a Saturday along Scarborough Beach Road. Although I hear it's a good place to practice wheelies...

I find the 4 day week is great. I don't even care when I have a day off - any day is good. Of course, a long weekend is nice.
                              2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                              In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                              Amen, brother. Amen.
                              My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Working...
                              X