Nokia N97?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nokia N97?

Just got a call from optus cos its time to renew my plan. Anyway they said this is probably one of the better phones available. (Nokia N97) ATM I have the 6110 Navigator and its copped a thrashing its been in the bottom of a full pint of beer, kicked, dropped, in general lived a hard life. Anyone out there used the N97 or had problems with it? Or can recommend a nokia from the new models?

Nokia N97 pictures, official photos

Cheers,

BJ
    Originally posted by Rocket
    Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

I'm hanging out for an E52.

I loved the 51 'til i broke it. PLusthe 52 has more ram from memory and I have no use for the touchscreen or qwerty keypad.

Comment

yeh thats what I have doubts on cos I mainly work in the northwest area outside, so thinking dirty fingers and dust prolly won't do a touch screen much good.
      Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

Comment

I haven't heard too many things about the N97, like the rest of the N series they seem to be slow and bloated.

The 5800 shares much of the same hardware, and does a better job of it from what I've read
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

The N97's main problem is being a Nokia...

Aside from that, its not too bad.
          Early revisions of the firmware are prone to freezing and locking up at the most inopportune times, but it is getting a lot better with newer updates.
          The interface is pretty snappy, and much better than the 5800 IMO (which was Nokia's first touch screen phone).

Although I wouldn't really suggest an N97 for a hard life, if you want to then go for it.

Edit: Also WBS. Although its a Nokia, you expect that.

Comment

can get n97's for 600 bucks from a mate
            Is Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ozzypatrol View Post
              yeh thats what I have doubts on cos I mainly work in the northwest area outside, so thinking dirty fingers and dust prolly won't do a touch screen much good.
              maybe you would be better off with a phone made to take shit...or just a standard "brick" phone that can take a battering. samsung b2700?

Comment

The important question no-one seems to be asking is: did you at least drink the pint afterwards?

Comment

I bought my sister a N97 for her Birthday in August, and It has been in repair twice.

Apart from that it isn't bad apparently!

Comment

My girlfriend has one.. First one was absolute shit, took it back and got a replacement, which was fantastic. I like my HTC magic better though, better fit in a guys pocket.

Comment

so i take it it's not reliable, nor suited to a rough bastard. And yeh I did drink the beer

Comment

Well it has been running for about 2 weeks now, so maybe the problems have been fixed???

I still prefer the iPhone in some ways (syncing with a mac, contact handling and surfing the web) but the N97 kills it in terms of photos and storage.

Comment

Nokia N900 and SE Satio coming out soon. SE Satio looks really good.
                          Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Samsung HD Icon > N97 IMHO

both touchscreen though
                            No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by sathid View Post
                              Samsung HD Icon > N97 IMHO
                              This.

I've used recent Samsungs, and I've used recent Nokias... Samsung just tend to be a more stable platform, though Nokias do tend to have more diverse media recognition.

Comment

Working...
                              X