How do you concentrate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you concentrate?

After a day of drinking at the uni tav, I'm now home and feeling like I should be working on an essay of mine, however PSB, music and the urge to play Far Cry 2 are preventing me from doing so. So my question to do, oh wealth of knowledge that is PSB, what methods do you use in times of need to concentrate on a necessary task?
    http://jupiterstravellers.org

Sobering up would be the first step for me. I just cant concentrate if Im pissed...do it tomorrow.

Cmon man, its friday night, keep drinking.
    Originally posted by Amac
    suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

So you're asking a bunch of people, who are mainly at work, how they concentrate?
      On a web forum? With people who should be working...
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

stop trolling psb will be a good start.
        Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

I usually drink more. (serious)

I find a good amount of tipsyness makes my mind run wild and gives me inspiration.
          Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
          1985 - 2009

Comment

Cut off the internets, move your computer elsewhere (easy if its a laptop, if its a PC you gotta want it for it to work).

Comment

I find that for things that don't interest me, I have no motivation and hence have to leave them to the last minute to get them done. I can concentrate easily on fun units, etc.
              Originally posted by redfern
              If its good enough to carry missiles is safe enough for you bike.

Comment

Originally posted by rc_sam View Post
                get banned from psb will be a good start.
                What Sam said.
                Originally posted by Melkor
                The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Dexies.

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
                    What Sam said.
                    You'll live sunshine
                    http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
                      Dexies.
                      agreed, amphetamines. Once you zoen in on something you can sit there and do it for hours!
                      made the best cardboard car once using this method, then rode it down the stairs and it got busted up
                      B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

+1 for amphets,
                        try doing something else productive first, like a few pushups or some situps, gets you in that productive-reward zone..
                        wood for life? wood is life.
                        Originally posted by thro
                        i only squid it when riding pissed.

Comment

Try this

Comment

yeh dude, have a bat. It works.
                            ZippySig.com

Comment

Wait till you sober up.

I'll give you a easy behavioral Psychology task.

After you sober up, give yourself the task of concentrating using your will power for around 15 minutes. When you succeed give yourself a reward. Something like a funny episode of Seinfeld or scrubs, ice cream (NOT BEER!). Then give it another shot again. After you've done 15 minutes do 30 and keep increasing the time. The better time you get the better reward you can give yourself.

Everytime you fail you have to have a negative reinforcer too. Kinda like a punishment. So if you fail give yourself a small punishment like giving your bike to me. Na joking but something you don't like.

This will train you in the long run and it's fun.

If this doesn't interest you theres two other options. One is just using plain ass will power. If you succeed it'll make your will power stronger.

This is the best and hardest solution i'd give.

You get distracted from studying because anything your forced to do you naturally don't want to do.

Every time you get distracted just realize that you've been distracted and get back to work. After you get the hang of that try and see the things that's distracting you. Then try and see that feeling you get right before you get distracted which is the cause of the distraction. Usually it'll be the same feeling but can me many. Then keep going deeper asking what causes that feeling.

The last ones hardest but bestest!

Comment

Working...
                              X