Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are magpies awake at 3:30..?

Dear Nature experts,

Why are magpies awake and being noisy at 3a.m?

Last edited by Maxo; 04-10-2009, 03:47 AM.

You seem to be more creative when you're grumpy, so think of them as inspiration
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

maybe its jsut today mine where up at 4:30 this morning...mofos

great pic by the way i needed a laugh =D.
      sigpic
      Its so small

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...e_view&id=9156

Comment

They're awake because they haven't been dosed with the correct application of shotgun pellets.

Fortunately, this can easily be corrected - you may even be able to hold a fundraising function in your local area to help with the expense of ammunition and a weapon. Just watch out for hippies and animal freaks - they'll bitch at you if they find out, and then you may need another fundraiser for legal fees on a murder charge.

Good luck

Comment

they have obviously kept dls

Comment

I've noticed that too!
            "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

They are awake because they are teaching there new babies to make the correct noises. When we kill maggies (or when they die from natural causes) we tend to get the older ones that are able to teach these calls during the day or closer to dawn. Without these teachers the new maggies start at about 3 in the morning and if you listen closely the calls are not perfect. It's like practise time for maggies.

Crash' Wife.
              Guns don't kill people, people with moustaches kill people.

Comment

They are awake because of the bright night under the full moon. Willie wagtails often call throughout the night too when the moon is bright.

Comment

I love the picture.

Magpie Solution=earplugs

Human solution=shouting

Comment

Coming into magpie season......making babies??

Comment

Something outside my bedroom window whistles from 8:30pm onwards.

Not fun!

I'm thinking it must be a spring/mating season thing.
                      No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Grrr.

They annoy me big time, everytime, when I go to bed, they seem to wake up (well can't blame them when the sun is comming out) but still, really annoys me. This wouldn't happen if there was daylight savings :troll:

Comment

Yep the little buggers are awake around my area around 3.30 am too! Dunno why!
                          I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Comment

Originally posted by sathid View Post
                            Something outside my bedroom window whistles from 8:30pm onwards.

Not fun!

I'm thinking it must be a spring/mating season thing.
                            I have the same problem its intermittent and really piercing, and it annoys the shit out of me. I think its a native honey eater.

I never kill animals but I am so tempted to kill it because its stops me from sleeping for about 5 months of the year.

I wear ear plugs to sleep every night. And Im not just being a fairy I used to live on the corner of Beaufort and central ave and I could sleep fine, but this bird is a whole other ball game.
                            My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Young magpies, like human children, are much noisier than their parents to begin with. Add to this the territorial behaviour they learn from their parents in the weeks immediately after leaving the nest and you have a recipe for a substantial racket.

Magpies Make Noise — Sorry | Nature's Corner
                              Guns don't kill people, people with moustaches kill people.

Comment

Working...
                              X