*gasp* Boats: Malibu v Tahoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *gasp* Boats: Malibu v Tahoe

So I was dragged against my will to the MAndurah Boat Show today And the man got a gander at the Tahoe and the Malibu. Wondering if any PSB'ers have one? Pro's/Con's. Heard the Malibu's are thirsty for fuel? right/wrong. Lend me your considerable information boat owners.
    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

pm lobes89. He is a boat junky.
    :aus-salute: Yer thats ULTIMATE :aus-salute:

Originally Posted by lobes89 View Post
    Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

what engines are in them? I have a 5.0L mercruiser in my boat and yes its very thirsty

Comment

Doesnt Deej have a Malibu? (or was that what he was thinking of swapping his for?)

(or maybe I'm just making things up?)

Comment

Thought Deej had a Seadoo Speedster?

I'm looking at grabbing something like that myself.

Comment

Malibu over Tahoe every which way for wakeboarding IMO.

Originally posted by MRK View Post
            Thought Deej had a Seadoo Speedster?

I'm looking at grabbing something like that myself.
            MRK, Speedster is for sale if you want it. 120 odd hours, 430HP, 1 million knots (maybe 1.5 million knots on a flat day), spotless, 95% of its time in fresh water at Bonnys Ski Park, always garaged, 3YO this December.

I spend most weekends in the great southern now and am wanting to sell it to get something I can just drive in and out of the Wilson Inlet. Something like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMR2Azr-NsI]YouTube - Incredible Sealegs Amphibious Boats[/ame]

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Looking last summer at a Tahoe, not a very good boat if you're into skiing, etc.
              sigpic

Comment

You don't need fuel when you're sailing.
                Originally posted by Desmo
                Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Ive got the Q5 tahoe, havent had a problem with it, fuel consumption isnt bad for a 4.3l and i spend quite a bit of time pulling biskits x2. All up, im pretty happy with it, it looks and runs pretty good...

Comment

Fastgirl, what do you want the boat for?

If its a dedicated ski/wake boat you are after then the Malibu will dominate.
                    Anything else, or weather over 15 knots and a small chop on the river and you will hate it.

The Tahoe runabouts (not the ski/fish) are a bit more of a useful hull shape and will be better for more of an all-rounder role, but probably sacrifice a little bit of wake ability - but I doubt this will be an issue unless you are out with all of your pro-boarder friends anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X