Obama wins the nobel peace prize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama wins the nobel peace prize

I love the young turks youtube channel, Cenk (the dude in this clip) is freaking funny and Anna Kasparian is a freaking honey

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCCWH5f8DA8&NR=1]YouTube - Barack Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tU8_uUeGys"]YouTube - Conservatives Are Irate Obama Won Nobel Peace Prize[/ame]
    Originally posted by browncow
    Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

So... (haven't watched the clips)... i heard he'd won it.

But... whilst he's an amazing public speaker... he hasn't DONE jack shit yet in terms of us policy.

So why the fuck did he get the nobel prize?
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Watch the first video and he gives good reasons as to why he won it.

Basically he won it because he isn't bush. Its pretty interesting.
      Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

He's even admitted he's suprised and doesnt deserve it.

I'm guessing its an (international) political kick (/kiss) up the arse... in the hope he does something to feel like he deserves it.

Comment

Yeah its something like that, sort of a pre emptive prize to keep him on the right track sort of thing. Positive re inforcement at its best . I agree he doesn't deserve it as he hasn't really accomplished anything yet, BUT I think it was a good political move to give it to him though.

It might get more of the republicans in america on his side and enable him to do a better job at fulfilling his election promises of ending the iraq war.

Comment

Originally posted by malenko View Post
            Watch the first video and he gives good reasons as to why he won it.

Basically he won it because he isn't bush. Its pretty interesting.
            That's one opinion.

If thats the official reason the nobel peace prize people gave it to him, then the award has lost a hell of a lot of its meaning....

As to positive reinforcement in advance... thats bs. they can't really take it back...

All giving it to obama for mouthing off a heap of promises with nothing to actually show for it yet does is devalue the former award winner's awards... they're handing them out like candy now...
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I suspect it runs a bit deeper than "because he isn't bush" but it might serve the world better with him being presented with the award than some one else...

But I agree he doesn't deserve it until he has accomplished something.

Comment

I always understood the Nobel Peace Prize to be awarded to those going to massive extents to help the [preach]human race[/preach], and that the awarded money was to be used to aid their research/aid effort?

Clearly this once prestigeous award is a propaganda tool now. Its an insult to the greatest of man who have been awarded it previous for their toils.

What has Barrack really done to win this?
                I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

Yeah, but if this gives him some more motivation to make good on his election promises, then, and only then does he deserve it. Being the man that might be able to bring peace to the middle east, if he does it, that is deserving of it imo.... but only then.

I think they should keep politics out of it and it should have gone to someone else.

Comment

another relevant video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiE6axIMsJg&feature=channel]YouTube - Will Obama Administration Fight Back?[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Stratos View Post
                      I always understood the Nobel Peace Prize to be awarded to those going to massive extents to help the [preach]human race[/preach], and that the awarded money was to be used to aid their research/aid effort?

Clearly this once prestigeous award is a propaganda tool now. Its an insult to the greatest of man who have been awarded it previous for their toils.

What has Barrack really done to win this?
                      Being Blek,... and spending lotsa Yanky doodle $$ like a drunken white capped sailor in a parlor of ill repute.

Comment

Complete and utter joke.... can't see the vids at work, but when i heard this I thought there was no way he has done anything to deserve this in his first year in office... then I find out the nominations closed only 15 days into his term!!!! Utter BS and butt sucking by those involved.

I heard that it was likely to go to Morgan Changerai. Given the sacrifice and efforts to restore peace (and wellbeing/food) to Zimbabwe and other parts of Africa and constant threat of arrest or assasination and the death of his wife (potentially killed by Mcgabe hitmen, not sure if they know) would have been a much more worthy winner.

Anyway my 2c worth.

Comment

Yay for Obama!!!

Who realy cares..

Comment

The nominations for Nobel Peace Prize closed 11 days after his inauguration. Must have made an impression on the judges.
                            Originally posted by Abuse this
                            Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Working...
                            X