Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charity ride publicity/advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Charity ride publicity/advertising

    I can't seem to find the right spot to put this without cluttering other stuff up.

    Soooooo, bear with me, and or mods, feel free to move.
    Or if this has been said and done, whack it.



    I had a thought on publicity.

    If you have or are getting a poster/flyer made up.

    Let eveyone on the forum have a jpg/pdf copy of it that they can print out.
    Layout: say 4 flyers, per A4 page.

    Then if ppl keep a few of these on them, when they walk past a bike somewhere they can stick it under that bikes grab strap or seat.
    Or just hand them out / email around.

    If everyone does this a few times over the next month then a lot of riders may find out much quick, at a PSB cost of effectively SFA.


    Another 2c,
    (I'll go back to minding my own business now... for a little while.)

    Doug
    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by dugy@Jul 22 2005, 07:05 AM
    I can't seem to find the right spot to put this without cluttering other stuff up.

    Soooooo, bear with me, and or mods, feel free to move.
    Or if this has been said and done, whack it.
    I had a thought on publicity.

    If you have or are getting a poster/flyer made up.

    Let eveyone on the forum have a jpg/pdf copy of it that they can print out.
    Layout: say 4 flyers, per A4 page.

    Then if ppl keep a few of these on them, when they walk past a bike somewhere they can stick it under that bikes grab strap or seat.
    Or just hand them out / email around.

    If everyone does this a few times over the next month then a lot of riders may find out much quick, at a PSB cost of effectively SFA.
    Another 2c,
    (I'll go back to minding my own business now... for a little while.)

    Doug
    [snapback]141242[/snapback]

    i see a pipeline and i see your thought already in it
    tba.....

    Comment


    • #3
      Fantastic idea

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by R1Boy77@Jul 22 2005, 06:12 AM
        i see a pipeline and i see your thought already in it * *
        [snapback]141243[/snapback]
        Groovy.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Great idea.

          Has anyone contacted Drivetime TV (Perth show) on channel 10. I'm sure that they will give it a plug.

          One of the presenters, Ian Blackley, who does the bike reports, is also a DJ on Mix 94.5fm, maybe he could be persuaded to give it a plug on radio.

          Sorry if these have already been mentioned.

          Comment


          • #6
            Simmo, Saf and I are on to Drivetime, and hopefully Channel 10.

            The West Australian will also be running it in their column very shortly and it is availbale to view on-line as of now

            Sunday Times will also be running it as of next week.

            That's my progress so far . . . .
            you eat ships
            you taste wrong
            you isolate and desolate
            you are not home to man;
            yours is the
            subtlest beauty.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yep, good Idea! Just doing the final poster.... ex a few sponsors until we get them onboard.

              Comment


              • #8
                Tai from ELITE can contact CLINT to make up custom stickers for he day too

                Milana has all the stuff to do up any stickers.


                Dubs

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dubs@Jul 22 2005, 05:03 PM
                  Tai from ELITE can contact CLINT to make up custom stickers for he day too

                  Milana has all the stuff to do up any stickers.
                  Dubs
                  [snapback]141469[/snapback]
                  We will need stickers for sure.
                  Hundreds of em.
                  Clear backing with "PSB M.A.D Annual Ride" printed on em with PSB lettering and colours. Any other ideas?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Red Rooster@Jul 22 2005, 05:20 PM
                    Any other ideas?
                    [snapback]141479[/snapback]
                    wot about plastering every tafe/uni notice boards?
                    Originally posted by vk6hgr
                    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Once the poster is out, send me an electronic copy and I'll stick them up around Curtin Uni. There is always a good amount of bikes parked around when the students are back.
                      Stu
                      Spiral out, keep going...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Addition to Snolawdy's post.....

                        Will have it in Gidleys "Whats On" section of the Sunday Times too soon hopefully.
                        I had a vision of my reality once... then turned my back and walked away.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Also don't forget that Groove FM (101.7) does free ads for charity events. I think you need to let them know 4 or 2 weeks in advance though.
                          Fast, cheap & reliable ... pick any two.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X