Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being charged a bill for paying a bill

im seriously raging right now.
    i cancelled my home phone account to a certain company 2 months ago because i wanted to transfer my account to the same company my internet was under. i paid the final account 2 weeks ago and get a bill in the mail today. its an administration fee for paying my bill which i wasnt even told about when i paid. it just seems friggin stupid to me. why the hell would u send someone a bill for paying their bill... i half expect to get another bill for paying this bill a few weeks down the track....

comments?
    Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

LAWYER UP AND FIGHT IT lc
    c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Stab Telstra. I'll help...
      Originally posted by Koola
      Someone sig this.

Comment

and u get charged for being sent a bill by another phone company and then they change you because you let them take the money out of your acount
        Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Were you on a fixed term contract?
          Thats only reason I can think of.
          Free android puzzle game
          https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

no fixed contract
            they actually said it was an administration fee for paying the last bill
            Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

Comment

i got a bill from telstra for $2 a few months back, relating to some internet stuff i allegedly did in august last year (haven't had a bigpond account for 3 years btw). fuckers rang up to shit me when i didnt pay it. i stil didnt pay it, a month later i got a letter apologising for it, saying it shouldnt have happened. maybe you could try the same?
              "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

do the same as in not pay?
                i plan to be difficult. not because of the money but on principle

Comment

Call them up and lodge a complaint. You'll more than likely find that the administration fee is waved.

Comment

i did call them up but i was more abusive and rude
                    i felt bad cos the lady was nice but i was angry

all she said is that since i wasnt told about the fee when i paid the bill i could go to where i paid the bill and contest it. which is a little too much effort for me

Comment

Is this to do with the admin fee Telstra charge you if you pay your bill via a certain method ie going into post office?

Comment

What did the bill actually say?

What was the charge for?
                        Originally posted by Melkor
                        The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Nah, go and pay it, but do it via B-Pay and over pay by 1c

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                            Is this to do with the admin fee Telstra charge you if you pay your bill via a certain method ie going into post office?
                            yep
                            does that mean when i go to pay this fee ill get another fee for paying this fee. its stupid...

Originally posted by The Saint View Post

What was the charge for?
                            says "payment admin fee"

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post

What was the charge for?
                              Originally posted by cowgirl View Post
                              yep
                              does that mean when i go to pay this fee ill get another fee for paying this fee. its stupid...

says "payment admin fee"
                              All telstra bills do actually pretty clearly say that there is an admin fee for paying via certain methods. Yes its extremely stingy, but I gather its just a "cost recovery" fee. Perhaps its in the same vein at merchants being allowed to charge credit card fees.

edit - yeah its a fairly new thing. Probably the last couple of bills I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X