Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Those Finks Hey...

So, story starts saturday night...
    The honourable Premier of WA decides to pay a visit to our Bar and have a drink with his camera's in tow... which leads to the discussion between myself and a mate of how i'd like to throw my shoe at him...
    Anyway... Night ends and my friend asked, If i had had the chance to bail him up and chat to the premier for a minute, what would i say/ask?

I'd have loved to talk about bike laws and in particular as its relevant right now, how he'd justify the cost that was spent on the Finks little holiday over the weekend, seeing as there was alot of money pumped into it for which i believe was unjustified...

To which my friend replied that the only reason we hadn't heard of any problems relating to the Finks was because of heavy presence of police.

So what do you believe on this situation...
    Personally, I believe that even without such heavy Police Presence, many of the Finks that came would have behaved reasonably anyway...
    They knew the police would be watching, and i think that this was more a stunt to rub it in the noses of other clubs that they were opening up a chapter here.
    Im also very much into the fact i believe alot of the bikie "gangs" are good blokes. Im not oblivious to the fact that theres always 1% in the mix that will cause trouble or what not, but on a whole i believe they're not all that they're made out to be.

So whats your thoughts??
    Christianity... It's just one woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Firstly i Love your Sig
    Second if the poo lice want to follow a gang of 1% ers around. Good.
    Keeps them away from me. To that note i have had 1%ers rock up to venues and harass bash the general public for being in the same location.
    That is understandable i must admit.
    I dont care to much for either club.
    1%ers or the blue club.
    As long as they leave me alone all is well with the world.
    I do my shit, if either club arrives in numbers, i move on.
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Comment

I'm going to have to say you're being naive and just downright wrong.

I've met plenty bikies. Often, one to one, they're nice enough blokes given the right set of circumstances, or if they already know you and like you. Moving around together in large groups around strangers is not that set of circumstances. Pack mentality kicks in.

If you would like to invite them to the establishment at which you work next time they're in town, no police escourt necessary, I'll be all too very happy to help you get in touch with them.

Comment

I suppose the whole pack mentality does play a big part...

I've met a few bikies in different situations... one on one, small groups etc and they've all seemed to be nice enough blokes... So ive always believed theres a lot bigger beat up over the "gangs" then there should be...
        Ive always looked at it as theres the smaller groups within the whole, that cause the problems and like usual, everyone gets painted with the same brush...

And unfortuanetly as much as i'd love to invite them, it's been suggested (quite insistantly) by higher powers, that we now portray signs on the door that we will not allow bikies or such into the venue if wearing what can be deemed as colours or patches etc
        Christianity... It's just one woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Comment

there are wankers in every demographic - whether they're 1%ers or arse-clowns with skateboards - or pedophile clergymen.

1%ers are just more easily identified and targeted.
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

the way i see it.

the media had a whinge about all the money being spent on monitoring the finks.
            If the cops hadnt, and then some shit went down, the media would have had a whinge about the police doing nothing.

The media doesnt make money on promoting the good things like puppies and fairy bread.
            Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

I wish I had some puppies and fairy bread right now.
              My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

brb, buying hundreds and thousands...
                "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

I heard the Finks are standing over all the hundreds and thousands wholesalers and pet shops
                  Originally posted by Ferris
                  I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyack View Post
                    the way i see it.

the media had a whinge about all the money being spent on monitoring the finks.
                    If the cops hadnt, and then some shit went down, the media would have had a whinge about the police doing nothing.

The media doesnt make money on promoting the good things like puppies and fairy bread.

amen - damned if you do , damned if you don't

Comment

From what I have been following in the news there were a few issues with Troy Mercanti leaving the Jokers *I think* and going to the Finks.. And with the Finks trying to push their way into the Perth drug scene there were heightened tensions.

With the three major clubs hosting big public parties on the same night it looked like it was going to kick off. In my opinion drugs are becoming a serious issue and these bikie organisations control alot of that. I think the police presence was required to put the public at ease but it wasn’t required.

At least the good thing about the 1%ers is that when they have an issue they sort it out amongst themselves and rarely get innocents involved.

Comment

Originally posted by STEEDS View Post
                        From what I have been following in the news there were a few issues with Troy Mercanti leaving the Jokers *I think* and going to the Finks.. And with the Finks trying to push their way into the Perth drug scene there were heightened tensions.
                        Troy Mercanti was kicked out of the Coffin Cheaters for bringing the club into disrepute (allegedly)

With the three major clubs hosting big public parties on the same night it looked like it was going to kick off. In my opinion drugs are becoming a serious issue and these bikie organisations control alot of that. I think the police presence was required to put the public at ease but it wasn’t required.
                        Westdale Rock was being hosted by the Gypsy Jokers, which was a public event. The Coffin Cheaters were having a small 50th Anniversary Party for one of their members, which was a private affair and the Finks were supposedly over for their national run, but had a party instead.

At least the good thing about the 1%ers is that when they have an issue they sort it out amongst themselves and rarely get innocents involved.
                        Generally speaking problems between clubs or individual members don't make it into the news. It's only suspicion about drugs being controlled by Bikie Clubs. Not everyone in a club is a criminal, though the lifestyle does seem to attract some that are. If the clubs themselves were criminal organisations and there was proof of this, then they wouldn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy View Post
                          Troy Mercanti was kicked out of the Coffin Cheaters for bringing the club into disrepute (allegedly).
                          Ahh - that’s right i wasn’t sure....

Originally posted by goofy View Post
                          Generally speaking problems between clubs or individual members don't make it into the news. It's only suspicion about drugs being controlled by Bikie Clubs. Not everyone in a club is a criminal, though the lifestyle does seem to attract some that are. If the clubs themselves were criminal organisations and there was proof of this, then they wouldn't exist.
                          I don’t know enough about it, but even if only a minority of club members are actually involved in drugs the rest of the club members must still be complicit in soliciting it... I am aware of some of the charity work they do aswell - but imo I cant help but assume they create more issues than they fix.

Comment

Back to the original question - the cops could well have spent less money, used less manpower, not allowed the media frenzy to occur, but then they wouldn't get the free publicity to promote the force and at least appear to be doing their jobs.
                            How loud is too loud??

Comment

i dont think the police have much say regards media frenzy

Comment

Working...
                              X