Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My band from 10 years ago...a look into my past.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My band from 10 years ago...a look into my past.

So I was getting all nostalgic tonight and I was thinking about how far the relationship between music and the internet has come.

Most bands have an official Youtube channel/Myspace/Facebook etc.

It's come a long way from Napster days

Anyway, every now and then i dig out some of my old band's stuff and have a listen. We were together from 1998 (my high school graduation year) until about 2001. It was an awesome period in my life. We played a lot of garage/warehouse parties, pub gigs etc. and had a blast along the way.

Great memories of old shitty datsun wagons overloaded with people and equipment.

Well I was just thinking about the fact that back when we were together we never bothered to try and get our music "out there". It's never been on the net or anything, so i though "fuck it! I'm going to put our band on Youtube" and so I did.

I just smashed together the slideshow in about 10mins cos I figured it'd be better than a blank screen.

Images are fairly recent ones from the lads' FB profiles etc.(all I could find). I know we have pics from back in the day but they're all 6x4 prints in an old breifcase somewhere.

Anywho....here goes nothin'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xTNh1jzC9w]YouTube - In The Pocket- "Destructive Learning"[/ame]
    Find me on Instagram

Man I bet you guys had a great time, everyone wanted to be in a band when they were younger

And everyone knows I cant resist a man in a chef's uniform...
    Originally posted by Amac
    suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Yeah, it was a pretty wild time.

I'd love to re-live it
      Find me on Instagram

Comment

Thats actually a pretty good tune you are rocking there. I never picked you as a singer.

Sing a PSB song!!!
        My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

He he! Thanks! I thought there might've been certain aspects of that tune you'd appreciate.

You have to listen closely but there a couple of bits with double kick. Jade does that with only one pedal! (and I don't mean the single pedal with the "double kick" attachment either)

He's a very good drummer and rather accomplished these days. Pete is still playing his G-tar but not in any particular band. He's completely self-taught. He's the kind of naturally talented fucker who can just listen to a song and play it in full 5 mins later.

As for the singing, we'll I just kind of fell into it. The lads were planning to get together (Pete, jade and or original Bass player James) and play at Jade's 18th but none of them could or wanted to sing so they roped me into it.

After that, I was hooked.
          Find me on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Orson View Post
            Yeah, it was a pretty wild time.

I'd love to re-live it
            What is stopping you?

Comment

Originally posted by rgvlee View Post
              What is stopping you?

What's stopping me from being in a band? Nothing really, other than- Mrs would probably spew about the rehersals until 3am etc. The job I have now, I actually care about making sure I rock up to work awake and sober.

What I meant though was that i'd love to re-live those exact years again. At the time, you take it all for granted.

28 is a bit old for fun and frivolity at 18th birthday parties etc.

Anyone own a time machine?
              Find me on Instagram

Comment

28 is a bit old for fun and frivolity at 18th birthday parties etc.

28!?? noway..

Comment

28 too old?

Shit man, you should just be warming up. I am

Comment

I meant in terms of being a "Toolie" sorta thing.

Warming up...I know what you mean.
                    Find me on Instagram

Comment

Working...
                    X