Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personalised plates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Personalised plates

    Ok, this is one of my pet hates. Why the hell would you blow money on a personalised plate, just to tell us what type of car it is?? Yes, I can see you have a falcon xr6, BECAUSE THATS WHAT THE BADGE SAYS!!!

    I see so many cars lately with this sort of thing. Ok, fine if you have a 'show car', and it's been in mags etc, but not if it's for everyday use.

    Don't get me wrong, I like personalised plates, but you won't see me with 81COROLLA (or similar) on my plates.

    Half the time i think it's a case of more dollars than sense!

    Grr! <_<

    /rant
    Originally posted by vk6hgr
    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

  • #2
    I am right their with u, daise

    Its like those big fuck of stickers people put across the top of their windscreens saying Toyota or Holden

    Do they forget what kind of car they are driving and need a constant reminder???

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jennaau@Aug 2 2005, 02:07 PM
      I am right their with u, daise

      Its like those big fuck of stickers people put across the top of their windscreens saying Toyota or Holden

      Do they forget what kind of car they are driving and need a constant reminder???


      [snapback]144671[/snapback]


      What&#39;s on your bike

      okay it&#39;s not large, you didn&#39;t put it there, but it&#39;s still a lot bigger than say a descreet little badge
      If you&#39;ve put yourself in a position where someone has to see you in order for you to be safe -- to see you, and to give a fuck -- you&#39;ve already blown it." -- Neal Stephenson,

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ONYERBIKE@Aug 2 2005, 02:19 PM


        What&#39;s on your bike*

        okay it&#39;s not large, you didn&#39;t put it there, but it&#39;s still a lot bigger than say a descreet little badge*
        [snapback]144675[/snapback]

        fair enough i will cop that



        (but i cant see it when i am riding lol!) Not like on a windscreen!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jennaau@Aug 2 2005, 02:21 PM
          fair enough i will cop that



          (but i cant see it when i am riding lol!)* Not like on a windscreen!
          [snapback]144676[/snapback]
          naaaaaaah na na! You bought the bike with that as a part of the paint scheme, these Holden drivers make a concious decision after getting a Holden to buy a large sticker saying &#39;Holden&#39; and put it on their windscreen.

          "It&#39;ll look sick maaaaate, another VB?"

          Totally different ballpark.
          http://www.internetblackout.com.au/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jennaau@Aug 2 2005, 02:21 PM
            fair enough i will cop that



            (but i cant see it when i am riding lol!)* Not like on a windscreen!
            [snapback]144676[/snapback]
            Come to think of it they wouldn&#39;t either the right way round at least

            [attachmentid=859]
            If you&#39;ve put yourself in a position where someone has to see you in order for you to be safe -- to see you, and to give a fuck -- you&#39;ve already blown it." -- Neal Stephenson,

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ONYERBIKE@Aug 2 2005, 02:29 PM
              Come to think of it they wouldn&#39;t either the right way round at least*

              [attachmentid=859]
              [snapback]144679[/snapback]

              And you&#39;re presuming they can read?? :mellow:
              Originally posted by vk6hgr
              My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

              Comment


              • #8
                What are you talking about surely such magical numberplate gems as "1SICKVL, NVMYVL, 8ANHSV, CHICKS6" cant all be bad

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Infusi0n@Aug 2 2005, 03:05 PM
                  What are you talking about surely such magical numberplate gems as "1SICKVL, NVMYVL, 8ANHSV, CHICKS6" cant all be bad* * *
                  [snapback]144697[/snapback]
                  *gags*
                  Originally posted by vk6hgr
                  My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You forgot "VN2NV" lol

                    One I do like is on an ED 5.6L stroker in perth "TRYME"
                    Wanted to get one for my bike that said &#39;HISIDE" or similar but that might just be tempting fate

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The less distinguishing features the better in my opinion. It&#39;s going to be a lot easier for someone to remember your plate if it&#39;s a word as opposed to the normal gibberish -and I like anonymity. (Same goes for most bling, but I&#39;d be silly to speak out against bling in here wouldn&#39;t I. )

                      -goof

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by goof@Aug 2 2005, 03:42 PM
                        The less distinguishing features the better in my opinion. It&#39;s going to be a lot easier for someone to remember your plate if it&#39;s a word as opposed to the normal gibberish -and I like anonymity. (Same goes for most bling, but I&#39;d be silly to speak out against bling in here wouldn&#39;t I.* )

                        -goof
                        [snapback]144713[/snapback]
                        ive often considered a plate with a random mix of O&#39;s and zeros for that reason.
                        Originally posted by Friedrich Hayek
                        "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ha ha! In WA I&#39;ve seen number personalised plates that are about ten characters or something. In vic its restricted to 6 characters and there can&#39;t be any numbers in front of letters so some of the plates require a bit of translation. I did see a clubsport or SS with "NOREGO" a couple of weeks ago. New bike/car pride has sometimes made me think about getting one but then I realised they do attract attention and are easy for people to remember....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            On the other side its much easier for the police to notice a stolen blue R1 with custom plate than with stock, and given the rate of bike theft recently that may not be a bad thing. Although catch 22 its easier for thieves to notice your bike

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i&#39;m getting one in two weeks saying V8SRSLOW



                              i cant wait to see those dumbass V8 drivers try to prove it


                              nothing better than seeing them take off like hoons only to find out that your not even going to bother

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X