Christmas Care Package Aussie Soldiers Overseas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Care Package Aussie Soldiers Overseas

Received this info via a friend, yesterday. Once I read it, I thought of two things....I've got to do this for some poor guy/girl who won't be home for Christmas, and I am sure PSB could really make someone's day (over there) in Afghanistan.

So.......I present:

Christmas Care Package Aussie Soldiers Overseas

We appreciated the care packages in Vietnam, and now we can give them the same support.

As you know, the Festive Season is quickly closing on us and I ask that you spare a thought for our soldiers serving our country in harm's way in Afghanistan.

Perhaps you may wish to send a soldier a care package. The idea behind this is that some troops over in Afghanistan may not have family who are able to send them packages with things they may need or things that make their time over there just that tiny bit easier. There may also just be a soldier who is finding their time over their difficult and just needs a bit of cheering up. It'll get given to whoever needs it most.

To send a care package to an Australian Soldier in Afghanistan, you need to purchase a "BM" size box (weighs 175g itself) from Australia Post, they cost $2. They'll give you some customs forms which you will also need to fill
    out. The address you need to send the package to is below. Make sure you seal all the edges of the box with packing tape. If the box after being packed weighs less than 2kg, Australia Post will send it for Free.

"An Australian Soldier"
    Op Slipper
    AFPO 13
    Australian Defence Force
    SYDNEY NSW 2890

To give an example of what can be sent, a care package could be:

1 x Lynx Shower Gel Travel Size
    1 x Pack of Schick Disposable Razors
    1 x NON-AEROSOL Shaving Cream
    1 x Lynx Role On Deodorant
    1 x Small Baby Powder (Talc)
    1 x Chap Stick (SPF 30+)
    3 x Bags of Allen's Lollies (NOT CHOCOLATE)
    1 x Beef Instant Noodles
    1 x Pack of Scotch Finger Biscuits
    2 x Canned Tuna (Pull Ring Style)

But don't limit it to this let your imagination do the walking.

If you want you can also include a self addressed envelope and a letter. I include my email address as well just in case they want to contact me or have something specific they want me to get for them.

Things not to send:

Alcohol
    No Clothing, Except socks
    Aerosols
    Cigarettes
    Pork
    chocolate (melts)
    Magazines with naked people.

You can also send a female specific care package, including feminine deo, perfume sample sachets, girly mags. All you need to do is when addressing write "An Australian Soldier - FEMALE".

For those of you that are animal lovers, you may wish to do the following: I have sent care packages to our Explosive Detection Dogs (EDD) with the following items included:

1 x box dog biscuits
    1 x beef bone (not fresh)
    3 x "greenies"
    1x toy
    1 x tennis ball
    and don't forget a couple of packets of lollies for the handler.

The dogs do a magnificent job under very trying conditions and to date, four have lost their lives serving their country.

The address is:

"An Australian EDD Handler"
    Op Slipper
    AFPO 13
    Australian Defence Force
    SYDNEY NSW 2890
    Last edited by FJ Steve; 21-11-2009, 06:25 AM.
    Originally posted by Viper
    I'm probably fucking something up.
    FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
    Administrator

Thanks FJ Steve for the information. My "Orphans Christmas will definitely include a couple of these.
    "Son, could you please remove my MAD sig?"

Sure mum, here you go....

Comment

Awesome idea...will definately be sending something out to the boys n girls
      Originally posted by Red_is_Best
      hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

A blog post with a bit of background to the message you would have recieved FJ Steve:

Ocean, Sky and Khaki: Richard Sharpe Guest Post

Also has addresses to send packages for ADF members in East Timor, or just to send postcards or other messages.

Comment

i reckon i might get in on this sounds like a great idea.
          sigpic
          Its so small

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...e_view&id=9156

Comment

what a fantastic idea i'll be sure to do my bit
            RIP ADRIAN LEE
            16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
            I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

cheers for the heads up Fj steve. Awesom idea. Im on my way to Coles now..., one question. Would they have a need for Things like batteries, postage stamps, envelopes. Christmas cards to send back home etc?

Comment

I wouldn't provide batteries. They could get them from their own logistical superrmarket. Plus....batteries may be a no-no through their postage system.
                Xmas cards and envelopes is a great idea.
                Originally posted by Viper
                I'm probably fucking something up.
                FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                Administrator

Comment

They won't need postage stamps, as mail they send home is managed/paid for by the ADF.

http://www.defence.gov.au/defencemag...1/jlg_post.pdf is a decent article about Defence Post as managed by the Joint Logistics Group.

Comment

Well done Steve. A project for the kids in the next few day I think. Cheers

Comment

Steve
                      what a wonderful Idea

I have printed this out and put in the lunch room at work, each person has a list to take home and make a box up from our company.

Comment

This is a great idea What better way to spread the love to people stuck in a place full of hate over the Xmas season. This is now on my list of things to do this week during the kids craft night.

Comment

I did a stretch in Saudi (Gulf War 1) while on exchange with the USAF and was supervising the arrival of 2 crews from my Home Base. One of the incoming females (young, cute & inexperienced) agreed to carry a care-package in for a bloke already there. His wife had made it up.

Of course, the Muttawa (aka religious police with no real authority other than "their strong faith"), accompanying the MP's doing customs clearance wanted to rifle through the incoming girls kit and get their mitts amongst her knickers - and they made her open the Care Package.

On top was a Penthouse magazine.

Took us 4 hours to clear her and have her removed from lockup.

Great idea Steve. My mob wanted to "donate" a goat to a needy family over that way. We'll be doing something else now.

Follow his advice peeps - don't think it can't hurt to slip in a little something risque. You never know...
                          Last edited by RB 2 11; 24-11-2009, 06:09 AM.
                          aka Matt
                          RB 2 11

Comment

Steve

what is the final date to take to the post office to get to the Aussies for Christmas??

Just to let everyone know how much time they have left

Ta

Comment

Thanks for the info Steve.

Comment

Working...
                              X