Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where to find this cleaning product?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where to find this cleaning product?

Edit: Nathan uses the lubricant stuff! Will be on the hunt for it now and the 3M stuff as well.

Hey everyone, was booting around ossy park on saturday looking for a specific Stainless steel cleaning product to use on my bikes exhaust + nickel pegs. Nathan suggested i use a product called Inox (Inox Clean) its kind of a spray on spray off no abrasion cleaner which is good because i dont want to scratch the shit out of my pegs.

I visited

Innaloo Bunnings
    Ossy Park Repco
    Ossy Park Auto-One

None of them had / heard of the product before but they all had autosol, something i wont use on the bike.

Thanks

Inf

It is not this http://www.aussieweld.com.au/product.../inox/inox.htm that is a lubricant. It is this http://www.revolutionmaterials.com.au/inox.htm Which is Inox Clean.

try supercheap auto

Have used Silvo before too..
    * ONE DOES NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF FREEDOM TILL THEY RIDE ! *

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">HAVE I MENTIONED I GOT TO HUG ROSSI????</span>

Comment

I sent them an email and they said its order direct so thats ok, if anyone is interested a 1L bottle of Inox-Clean is $38.50 + $15 post, so i shall see, just trying to get a very non abrasive cleaner.

Comment

the obvious suggestion would be autosol, it worked wonders cleaing my stainless exhaust after an unnamed person attempted to warm his hands on it when arriving at work melting leather all over it.
        Originally posted by Friedrich Hayek
        "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

Comment

Yeah autosol is still pretty abrasive, after looking i have found a tonne of products named "Inox" and nath didn&#39;t mention ordering it in so its probably a different product from Inox-Clean, however 3M do make a non abrasive stainless product *sigh* its just painful being so picky about cleaning products sometimes! Personality defect i am sure but i just dont want to scratch the exhaust / pegs to crap.

Hillmark steelpower http://www.hillmark.com.au/products/hillma...care/steelpower Looks pretty good

Comment

In the stainless steel factory at work they use the 3M spray for cleaning up all the equipment once it&#39;s been blasted.
            Looks like it does the job.
            sigpic

Comment

yeah regular Inox, its multipurpose, autosol rough as, used it on the Husky polished engine cases, dulled it in 2 micro seconds, Autosol do make a non abrasive product for stainless, never been able to find it though, just the regular stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Infusi0n@Aug 8 2005, 04:03 PM
                1L bottle of Inox-Clean is $38.50 + $15 post
                [snapback]146237[/snapback]
                wheres it coming from??? AFRICA?
                thats bloody expensive if you ask me.

Comment

I bought a spray can of the 3M stainless steel cleaner from Woolworths at Morley Galleria, they had about 3 or 4 other different brands of stuff that did the same thing. Might be worth checking out.
                  Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Comment

Working...
                  X