• The Wookie
    replied
    There's a beer out there called "End of the world"

It comes inside a taxidemied squirrel

Leave a comment:

• datsikk
    replied
    Originally posted by Lochwood View Post
    I'm sorry, I can't help it. I see the packaging displayed in your avatar, and just can't believe that anything could be more damaging to the psyche than that image.
    Hey, flattery will get you nowhere!!

and at least, no animal was harmed in my "packaging".!!

Leave a comment:

• Lochwood
    replied
    Originally posted by datsikk View Post
    I hate it. Its disgusting.
    I'm sorry, I can't help it. I see the packaging displayed in your avatar, and just can't believe that anything could be more damaging to the psyche than that image.

Leave a comment:

• Barfridge
    replied
    Quality vs quantity. I can't down a litre of scotch in a night, so what's the point, right?

Give me a nip of this, rather than 2 cartons of export.

Leave a comment:

• R160
    replied
    I'd rather drink more beer than less, due to alcohol content you could only knock off one or two. wheres the fun in that?

Leave a comment:

• Barfridge
    replied
    you ferment the beer, then take the finished beer, and freeze it. The water solidifies, the alcohol doesn't. You then pick out the ice, leaving less liquid, that has a higher percentage of alcohol (cos you've removed water). You keep doing this until your beer wang is big enough.

Fractional freezing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The story is that it was first discovered when barrels of beer were left outside in winter and partially froze. The liquid that didn't freeze tasted funny, and got people drunk quicker

Leave a comment:

• carlos
    replied
    developed using an extreme freezing technique
    Does anyone have a clue as to the process? Obviously there is some need for fermentation, and that does not occur under 'freezing' conditions?

Leave a comment:

• datsikk
    replied
    Originally posted by mekon View Post
    Love the BrewDog packaging.
    I hate it. Its disgusting.

Leave a comment:

• mekon
    replied
    Love the BrewDog packaging.

Leave a comment:

• Hornet
    replied
    THE world's strongest beer can be yours for a mere £500 ($855) a bottle.

The blond Belgian ale, named The End of History, is an astonishing 55 per cent alcohol by volume (ABV) and is presented in a case made from stuffed animals, including stoats and squirrels.

Made by BrewDog, based in Scotland, the beer is infused with fresh juniper berries and nettles from the Scottish Highlands and was developed using an extreme freezing technique.

Hundreds of pints of beer were used during the process, which was repeated dozens of times to produce just enough for a 330 milliliter bottle - hence the record breaking cost.

James Watt, the company's co-founder, said: "This is the beer to end all beers."

BrewDog drew criticism last year over the launch of a 32 per cent beer, which was later trumped by a German brewery that produced a 40 per cent strength liquor -- BrewDog then created Sink the Bismark, at 41 per cent.

Mr Watt said The End of History was made to offer beer drinkers more choice.

“We want to show people there is an alternative to monolithic corporate beers, introduce them to a completely new approach to beer and elevate the status of beer in our culture."

He said the first two bottles were sold to a beer fan in Denmark.

Leave a comment:

• Hornet
    replied
    So now they've gone one better and made a beer with 55% ABV (alcohol by volume).

World's strongest beer - guaranteed to dent your wallet if not your liver | News.com.au

Leave a comment:

• GenocidE
    replied
    rofl ^^

Leave a comment:

• Professor Redfern
    replied
    This made me laugh.

If Desmo was a penguin, I get the impression that he would have this exact expression when reading a lot of the posts on this forum.

Leave a comment:

• Sventek
    replied
    Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
    That would taste awful.
    Yeah, but the Skullsplitter sounds alright.

On the nose, this strong beer has a fruity malt character, with hints of dark fruit, spicy hop, dates and figs.

On the palate, rich and complex with sweet toasted malt, molasses, fresh and dried fruit and hints of warming spices.

Appearance
    A crystal-clear, rich tawny-red colour beer; a tight, smooth head with hints of red and amber colour

Aroma
    Juicy, almost fruity malt character, together with a medley of fresh and dried fruits, dates and figs, hints of ginger and cinnamon spice, hints of vanilla

Palate
    A rich, fruity, wine-like complexity on the palate includes fresh and dried fruits, warm exotic spices, and light summer citrus fruits

Key Ingredients
    Very best pale ale malt – and plenty of it – together with crystal and chocolate malts provide a rich, fruity backbone which is perfectly balanced by the spicy herbal character of East Kent Goldings hop

Leave a comment:

• Desmo
    replied
    That would taste awful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X