PSP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSP

I just picked one up off eBay, I gather they are still an 'unknown' coz I dont see many of them around. Kinda sucks how they dont have a HDD built in but you get that on the big jobs I guess.

Anyone here got one?? Anything I should know?

They're not popular here coz they haven't been released yet

But I do know you should get a game called Lumines.

Now.

Oh and since you bought it off e-bay, you might have a problem with getting the 'dead pixels' fixed.

I am bored. And awesome.

Comment

My girlfriend has bought me one but I have to wait till Sept 1st till I can get it from EB. I've ordered Colin Mcrae and Untold Legends.

Check out PSPupdates.com .. they have all the latest news and a pretty good forum about it.

I can't wait!
      bikeless

Comment

Search PSP-Hacks on the web, thats all you need to know, you can basically run any gameboy game, super nintendo etc game on them thanks to the emulators you can download, that makes them fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by PHOBiA@Aug 11 2005, 10:21 AM
          My girlfriend has bought me one
          [snapback]147219[/snapback]
          Now.. thats something you gotta teach me. Kinda off the subject but how do you get your girlfriend to part with so much money, and spending that on you rather than herself? :o

Comment

Originally posted by 1100101@Aug 11 2005, 12:41 PM
            Now.. thats something you gotta teach me. Kinda off the subject but how do you get your girlfriend to part with so much money, and spending that on you rather than herself?* :o*
            [snapback]147269[/snapback]
            mmm youngster's

you buy them something, they'll buy you something err give n take
            If you've put yourself in a position where someone has to see you in order for you to be safe -- to see you, and to give a fuck -- you've already blown it." -- Neal Stephenson,

Comment

Well.. A lot of the time I seem to be giving more than receiving. Something is wrong here.

Comment

Originally posted by 1100101@Aug 11 2005, 12:49 PM
                Well..* A lot of the time I seem to be giving more than receiving. Something is wrong here.*
                [snapback]147273[/snapback]
                time for a new model then I think
                bikeless

Comment

Does anyone know the release date for them in Australia?
                  And what they will cost?

QMC productions now online

Comment

Originally posted by Masters apprentice@Aug 12 2005, 02:14 AM
                    Does anyone know the release date for them in Australia?
                    And what they will cost?
                    [snapback]147455[/snapback]

1st of september i think and there going to be about 400 bucks i thnk as well
                    Is Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja@Aug 12 2005, 07:38 AM
                      1st of september i think and there going to be about 400 bucks i thnk as well
                      [snapback]147462[/snapback]
                      Pre-order from EB and you get the value pack that gives you a case, headfones and a 32mb card.

Hoping MotoGP comes out on it soon!
                      bikeless

Comment

This post was taken from another forum that I wrote in:

Hello All

I have been hunting for the best pre-order deal in Perth based stores. I have been to Harvey Norman, Toys R Us, Big W, K-mart, Dick Smith, Myer, Target and EB.

My results are as follows:

Harvey Norman
                        PSP Value, Bonus items - pc data cable, hard carry case, car charger, black headphones and Lanyard (looks cool)
                        $400
                        $450** (with game of choice, negotiation with rep, see below for details)

Toys R Us
                        PSP Value, Bonus items - pc data cable, car charger, screen protectors, vouchers, and a choice of 4 games including NFS and 3 others I cant recall.
                        $450

Big W
                        PSP Value Pack, no deals
                        $400

K-Mart
                        PSP Value Pack, no deals and no stands or display merchandise yet. No nothing
                        $400

DSE
                        PSP Value Pack, no deals
                        $397

Myer
                        PSP Value Pack, $400 worth of vouchers
                        $400

Target
                        PSP Value Pack, no deals
                        $400

EB
                        PSP Value Pack, $10 off any game, Spiderman 2 Movie UMD
                        $400

Some notes worth mentioning.

As far as I know, the Australian delivered PSP are version 1.52 and hence no homebrewed programs be run on the machine until someone is able to find a way.

All PSP will come with Spiderman 2 movie but you need to register your psp through www.yourpsp.com.au site to be eligible. So don't be fooled when a store advertises they giving away a free movie.

Alot of reports on various users on various forums are reporting the case that comes with the PSP value pack will scratch the PSP so try to avoid using the stock one and purchase a better case. Hence harvey normal deal is giving another case because of this reason.

There are quality issues with some screen protectors and that not all screen protectors are the same quality. The japanese brands (Hori) is probably the best one for the PSP and I managed to order these through ebay for 9.95 including shipping.

As for memory cards, the lowest price Harvey Normal could do for me for a Sandisk 1GB MS-Duo Pro Gaming (the neon green one) was $180 dollars as to theirs rrp of $250, however I will most likely purchase mine from ebay for $135 including shipping.

**I was able to make a deal with one of the Harvey Norman reps at Belmont store to match Toys R Us deal and a game of any choice. I only wanted to purchase the Everybody's Golf (Hot Shots Golf) as my first game and none of the other shops had offer that game as apart of their deal.

Harvey Norman is offering the best deal at the moment with the game of my preference for $450 and I receive not only a Sony PSP official lanyard but I get all the other bonus items mentioned above.

Until I find out more about Myer $400 bonus voucher or Toy R Us vouchers I would say that HN is quite hard to beat.

If others find a similar deal please post it here as well.

Until today, I found out that the PSP arriving in Aus will be version 2.0

Comment

well crap.. wish I read that 3 weeks ago!

wonder if I can cancel my EB one hehe.
                          bikeless

Comment

Well I picked up mine for 120 pounds excluding shipping so converted to Aussie $$ its about $285 (from US eBay)

Thats the value pack so going by the proposed pricing back home I should be pretty happy with that.

Yeah I have seen the PSP hacks website. I gotta get some 1GB memory sticks, but it appears they are a hot commodity at the moment <_<

Comment

Well my new toy arrived today, very slick looking little device. If you get one make sure you get a converter to convert your movie files to MP4. Still trying to suss how to convert all my WMA music files to MP3 so I can play them on the &#39;lil Playstation.

1GB memory cards are essential.

Comment

Working...
                              X