Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbagello V8 drive question

Hey all,

I know it's a cage question, but my best mate who I have known for 36 year is turning 40 this weekend and we are at a loss as to what to get him. He is a mad car fan and we were wondering if they do V8 driver days at the Barbegello track ? Anyone know if there is a website even where we can find out from ?? I can only find stuff on Eastern Creek & Coulder Park, any help muchly appreciated.

Cheers

Tim

i think you can drive a V8 touring car out at the AHG driving place near the airport.... someone else should know more though, i am not too sure......

Comment

Check out FastLane Racing . They do hot laps as well as drive yourself courses in Formula Fords. I did the Formula Ford driving course a couple of years ago and it's almost as much fun as doing a track day on the bike. Almost.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Comment

grab the weekend papers and look in the things to do section, i'm sure i've seen a ad there for drive a V8 touring car or check out drive time tv on the net
        9375 9703

Comment

Originally posted by Bulbous@Aug 15 2005, 10:24 PM
          i think you can drive a V8 touring car out at the AHG driving place near the airport.... someone else should know more though, i am not too sure......
          [snapback]148358[/snapback]

Ring the AHG Driving Centre. 9479 5754.

One of the girls at work did it a few weeks ago, has been grinning ever since.

Comment

If you need any other ideas, I found http://www.redballoondays.com.au/ to be a really good site for interesting pressies, there is even one that lets you fly a helicopter

It doesnt have a V8 day tho

Comment

The formula ford day with fastlane racing is awesome.

Not cheap mind you but you get a fairly full day of driving and those things are great fun round barbagello.

Comment

There is a company called track skill located here http://www.trackskill.com.au that do v8 track days and other things as well. Ive done this before http://www.trackskill.com.au/our_services_...re_race_day.php and it was the best thing I nearly ever done. To be honest would say it was more fun doing that than track days that ive done with the R6. You get to do a race at the end with pitstops and everything. Expensive but awesome fun. Unfortunally if you look at the dates they aren't in perth for the rest of the year so that kinda sucks for your idea but there is other stuff on the site there. But maybe for future reference when they come back next year it could be a thought.

Well worth it........I clocked the 2nd fastest lap time all day out of everyone that did it and my team won. Got a trophy and all. Awesome stuff

cheers
                MoNtArOo

Comment

Cool, thanks for the replies all

Soon as my internet connection starts to behave properly I will have a look thru those websites.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

The cars at the AHG driving centre quite simply suck.
                    Stock gen 3's, street tyres, with traction control on.

I highly reccomend skydive express out at york, go for a ride and make a day of it!

Comment

Originally posted by mystery@Aug 16 2005, 06:44 PM
                      The cars at the AHG driving centre quite simply suck.
                      Stock gen 3's, street tyres, with traction control on.

I highly reccomend skydive express out at york, go for a ride and make a day of it!
                      [snapback]148609[/snapback]
                      Thats what my hubby thought as well, but as soon as he got into it his face had a grin a mile wide for the rest of the day. Get more than six laps tho, as it does go quick, and by the time you get to the fourth or fifth one, when you are really getting the hang of the car, it's over. Oh and by the way, if there is time the driving insructor will take you for a few HOT LAPS with tranction control of, and that looks bloody fun. I also recommend, sky diving, bungee jumping all a great way to celebrate a milestone. (yes, have done em)!!!

cheers
                      Fastgir1
                      Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                      hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

ive done the v8 thing at AHG, got it from work for my 21st bloody expensive though at $220 for 5 laps. they are pretty tame with trac control and dual control pedals but still a LOT of fun. highly recommended if you havent done any 4 wheeled motorsport before.
                        Originally posted by Friedrich Hayek
                        "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

Comment

Originally posted by Bulbous@Aug 15 2005, 10:24 PM
                          [snapback]148358[/snapback]
                          I did that a couple months ago, GF got it for me for xmas, was pretty good fun, but it goes too quick, I'm going to eventually organise the half day or flogging MR2's that looked like heaps of fun for a group of mates

Comment

I went down to AHG and had to do the 4wd course for work which was a lot of fun, I saw what I assume is what they use for the V8's around there it was red, LOUD AS ALL FUCK and from memory it had pipes exiting under the doors, I saw those MR2's sitting there also saw a CBR600 but it could have been one of the employees ones. I would heaps prefer to blat an MR2 around the track as opposed to some big heavy V8
                            The kneebone's connected to the something, the something's connected to the red thing, the red thing's connected to my WRIST WATCH

Comment

Or even better, your own car.

For anyone interested, we have this hired for sunday 29th october for anyone that wants to take their car on the track.
                              Cost is around 60 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X