asshole driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asshole driver

ok i've only had my bike license for oooh a whole week when i decieded to go visit my mate to show of my new pride and joy, on my way i pull up at a set of lights on amber going red to be on the cautious side as i don't fancy being knocked over. While sitting in the right hand lane with a car in the left lane me on the left side of the oil thru the red light a car come around my right side thru the slip lane and about 6 inches from my right leg. Now other then packing heat and blowing the fukkers tyres out how do i prevent me shitting myself again or do i just have to get used to it????
    [COLOR=blue] spadaman spadaman does whatever a spada can

You shouldn't have to get used to that shit, but I've had it happen to me too so I know how you feel. I've had it happen on the left side of me too, and just today I've had cars move towards the center line to prevent me from lane splitting.

Really you're only solution is to stay a bit closer to the center to stop them doing it, but if they're going too fast you may as well get out of the way I'm sure you'd rather them pass you then clean you up.
    http://www.internetblackout.com.au/

Comment

yeah that's why i was sitting on the left hand side of the lane because as i ride i seem to have the voice of my instructor (lester from andrews) in my mind and geez it's helped me in enough situations already that i'm so glad i listened
      [COLOR=blue] spadaman spadaman does whatever a spada can

Comment

get used to it kid, one thing I can gaurantee you is there is no shortage of fucking idiot drivers on Perth roads
        The kneebone's connected to the something, the something's connected to the red thing, the red thing's connected to my WRIST WATCH

Comment

Thats just how cars lanesplit

Comment

Welcome to the city of loser drivers mate.....

Comment

I reckon it's about sharing and experience. I often leave enough room to for a car to pull up next to me at the lights, if you anticipate them doing it then you won't get a fright.
              Sometimes a bike won't trip the sensor to change the traffic lights and the presence of a cage can be beneficial. There are times when I've waved the car behind me forward onto the sensor to trip the lights.

Another thing your instructor would have taught you is to keep the bike in first gear with your foot on the back brake - if you're watching your mirrors and anything scary is happening behind (idiots braking too late etc) you're ready to get yourself out of there.

Comment

it happens. Sorry to hear that it was so close to getting your liscence

Its best to keep an eye out. Im always looking in my mirrors to see whats going on around me. Nice advice Mr John!

Its also important to watch cages on give ways. Sometimes they like to just push past you if you come to a stop to tripple check a dubious intersection. Often they dont see you at all and just go flying past. I've been hit on the arm by a car mirror as they have gone past before now.

Personally, I feel it goes through cycles, you can ride for months without any near misses, then you have a few days full of them, then it goes back to clear riding. You will get more used to the close calls and they wont rattle you so much.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("azathoth")</div>
                just today I&#39;ve had cars move towards the center line to prevent me from lane splitting.[/b]
                That really shits me. If i can I carefully walk my bike through the tiny gap and continue up the middle, I will (even to the point where I need to pull the mirrors in). Twats like that, you dont want to be anywhere near. They are the ones that usually try to box you in, speed up so you cant pass and just generally do stoopid things that really put you at risk.

Comment

Yeh, I&#39;ve had it happen a couple of times.. mainly my own fault for leaving too much room to the right of me. Doesn&#39;t really phase me though, as long as they&#39;re not SUPER close. I have never understood it though, as on a bike, you&#39;ll shoot off from the pack and there was no need for the guy to have driven along side you anyway. If this type of stuff is scaring you now.. just wait until you see what Perth drivers are really capable of.

Also, ALWAYS keep an eye out for your surroundings whenever you are on the road. Just because you are stopped, doesn&#39;t mean you won&#39;t have a car smack into the back of you. If that doesn&#39;t scare you, just remember it&#39;s always handy to know if there are cops around you at a set of lights (not that we would do anything bad, simply incase you need to chat with them about the weather or invite them around for a cup of tea)
                  Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Originally posted by azathoth@Aug 18 2005, 09:26 PM
                    just today I&#39;ve had cars move towards the center line to prevent me from lane splitting.
                    [snapback]149244[/snapback]
                    This is a very common thing.. you&#39;ll find that after a while, you may even get a car door open aswell. Don&#39;t think people realise how DEADLY their actions can be sometimes, that&#39;s why they have the "reminder button" on the side of their car.. as you ride past simply push down firmly on the reminder button(with your fist)and the reminder button will drop down and they will realise their mistake
                    Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Originally posted by ChOOkiE@Aug 19 2005, 08:50 AM
                      This is a very common thing.. you&#39;ll find that after a while, you may even get a car door open aswell.* Don&#39;t think people realise how DEADLY their actions can be sometimes, that&#39;s why they have the "reminder button" on the side of their car.. as you ride past simply push down firmly on the reminder button(with your fist)and the reminder button will drop down and they will realise their mistake
                      [snapback]149323[/snapback]
                      AHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA
                      Managed to get me to laugh before 9am, good for you son

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WHS

Reminder button - me likes that
                        If you&#39;ve put yourself in a position where someone has to see you in order for you to be safe -- to see you, and to give a fuck -- you&#39;ve already blown it." -- Neal Stephenson,

Comment

should have bought a 2 stroke mate.... nothing better than giving an a$$hole a car full of blue smoke...
                          Cant keep my eyes from the circling skys,Tongue tied & twisted just an earthbound misfit I.

Comment

Watching a 2 smoker rev at a set of lights and all the drivers hastily switching the air con on (too late suckers) is one of lifes joys, another one is pulling up next to a car which just did something stupid and shaking your head, people will REFUSE to look at you as they know they did something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ChOOkiE@Aug 19 2005, 08:50 AM
                              This is a very common thing.. you&#39;ll find that after a while, you may even get a car door open aswell.* Don&#39;t think people realise how DEADLY their actions can be sometimes, that&#39;s why they have the "reminder button" on the side of their car.. as you ride past simply push down firmly on the reminder button(with your fist)and the reminder button will drop down and they will realise their mistake
                              [snapback]149323[/snapback]
                              I thought I was the only one who really got this happen to me. At first i thought it was always accidental until I kept noticing some drivers who did it looking in their rear view mirror before hand quite clearly noticing the loud bike coming up the middle. But on the other hand i do get some nicer drivers who try to give me more room which is good to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X