Opinion needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion needed

I just got an email about our commercial and got curious about what people think of it. Would you all mind taking a moment to watch it and give an honest opinion of whether it is Funny, OK, or offensive? Here's a link to the commercial: http://www.superbiketoystore.com/sbk_comm_2.wmv

Here's the email we got:

Hi, I'm wondering how long we have to put up with your ridiculous TV ad. Is it supposed to be funny? Do people take their 400 lb greasy gas dripping bikes and haul them into bed with them? Seriously, and just what do you do with it then? Oh so then your girlfriend comes in and she's so buttercupped on crack that she doesn't get mad but jumps in too. Really. None of this however breaks the bed. In the mean time, I who am not insulted by the intelligent story line here, am thinking about all the reasons I don't need to shop at your store. So did someone just home from a high school party, think this all up? Wow.
    How much did it cost you? Do you have any idea how much a stupid immature ad costs you. Funny thing is you will never know.
    So offensive ad = lost customers. Neat.
    I'm just glad we have a DVR that let's me fwd thru your ad. But the fact that you keep playing it just bugs the crap out of me.
    Fire your ad company. Do yourself and us a favor.
    PATRICK A. MCNEALY
    Superbike Toy Store

Email us at: [email protected]

It made me giggle.

How could something like that be taken as anything but a joke.
    (The email too).

I think it's a good creative add outside the norm.
    I like it.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that; I think it's funny (and a bit quirky), but want to get some other opinions.
      PATRICK A. MCNEALY
      Superbike Toy Store

Comment

I don't think you will ever be able to please every one. The add itself is fine, its not offensive in anyway, mildly amusing and straight to the point (I would have the guy wake up and slap the woman's hand as she tries to touch the bike ). As for that email tell the person to eat a dick, who has time to whinge about such mundane BS anyway? Take it with a grain of salt Pat/Amber you guys do a great job end of story (my 2c).
        "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

LOL, that made ME giggle!
          PATRICK A. MCNEALY
          Superbike Toy Store

Comment

I liked it. So far 4 against 1
            Originally posted by Abuse this
            Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Huh, it looks like the commercial stays!
              PATRICK A. MCNEALY
              Superbike Toy Store

Comment

Find out where he/she lives and leave half a motorbike in their bed mafia styles.
                "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

Clearly buddy, the person who wrote that email isn't in your target demo.

By not pleasing them, you're not losing a dime.

Carry on being awesome, fuck that guy.

**edit: This asshole is probably the kind of guy that emails Hostess Cupcakes complaining there are not enough train-sets featured in their commercials.

If it was me, I'd suggest the mouth-breather get outside a little more often to hug a tree, bathe in the sunshine or perhaps fine a mate to copulate with, rather than destroying any further braincells recalling CSI: David Caruso's Sunglasses off their Tivo... but I'm just that kind of guy.
                  such comment
                  wow
                  many post

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                    Clearly buddy, the person who wrote that email isn't in your target demo.

By not pleasing them, you're not losing a dime.

**edit: This asshole is probably the kind of guy that emails Hostess Cupcakes complaining there are not enough train-sets featured in their commercials.

If it was me, I'd suggest the mouth-breather get outside a little more often to hug a tree, bathe in the sunshine or perhaps fine a mate to copulate with, rather than destroying any further braincells recalling CSI: David Caruso's Sunglasses off their Tivo... but I'm just that kind of guy.
                    LMAO! HAHAHA!!! Thanks!
                    PATRICK A. MCNEALY
                    Superbike Toy Store

Comment

Originally posted by SBK Toy Store View Post
                      LMAO! HAHAHA!!! Thanks!
                      No worries. Be safe in the knowledge you're being awesome and selling stuff to people that *want it* while the best this guy can hope for is to compare his favourite Snorg t-shirt to his friends favourite Snorg t-shirt while they ride the bus together to Dickhead Camp.
                      such comment
                      wow
                      many post

Comment

Please refer to Cam's signature for my opinion.
                        Originally posted by Desmo
                        Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Don't they say any publicity is good publicity?
                          My bike: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=976

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                            So eloquent.

+1.

Comment

Cheesy but fine, guy is a douche, ad will stick in peoples' minds which is all you want. Carry on!
                              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Working...
                              X