No announcement yet.

Morley Tyrepower - Tyres, Suspension, Brakes, Mechanical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I swore after the MotoGP at Phillip Island in 2013, I'd never buy Bridgestones again...and here we are...

Comment

Thought I'd chime into this debate around the RE003s and S001s etc. As Tyrepower is the exclusive dealer for Cooper Tires in Australia, my dad was fortunate enough to head up to Queensland last week for the Cooper conference where the officially unveiled the passenger vehicle range for Australia. They had the chance to drive on a large range of the new tyres from Cooper and compare them to some of the Cooper competitors like Bridgestone and Yokohama. They were doing these tests in on vehicles including a Ford Mustang, RAV 4s, Prados, XR8s and the Toyota 86.

To quote him he found that there were "amazing differences in handling, performance and braking between the new range of Coopers and the OEM Bridgestones and Dunlops". Even more interesting is when you start to consider life of tyre and price. Across the board, the Coopers will give you better mileage per dollar spent. I myself did a calculation between the new CS3 and the Toyo C100 Proxes and even though the Coopers were $70 per tyre more expensive, you will get 1.95x more life from them, resulting in you saving a bit over $60 for the entire mileage.

We do have access to the Cooper Zeon RS3-S (unfortunately the RS3-G1) isn't yet available in Australia, but the same feedback was received over the tyre. Amazing performance, handling and braking and they do have a higher treadwear index than say the RE003s. To use Para045s example of a 245/35R19, The RE003s are more expensive, and have a lower treadwear index than the RS3-S Cooper. We are going to be putting a set of the SV6 work ute and my mums A4 in the next week or so and will be able to provide even more day to day feedback - but they do really seem like the best dollar for dollar tyre available, and this will be more so when the RS3-G1 is available next year.

In terms of what we do know about the RS3-G1, great all season performance, capable of handling up to 1Gs in corner, comfortable and little road noise. Found this pretty unbiased review on it here - http://tirereviewsandmore.com/cooper...s3-g1-reviews/. It really is going to revolutionise the tyre industry when it comes to performance tyres.

Both me and dad are more than happy to have a chat to anyone about these tyres, we also are keeping stock of everything which is presently available so you want to come check them out, let me know

Cheers,
      Matt
      Morley Tyrepower

(08) 9275 3394

[email protected]

For all your car needs

Comment

Cheers Matt, definitely a better ride after the alignment.

Dubs

Comment

What price (ballpark) will a set of the Cooper Zeon RS3-S 45/45R18 100W set me back? I'm not brand loyal, I don't really care, I'll use whatever is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
            What price (ballpark) will a set of the Cooper Zeon RS3-S 45/45R18 100W set me back? I'm not brand loyal, I don't really care, I'll use whatever is good.
            Hey mate,

What car are they going on? I don't have the RS3-S being available in a 245/45R18 unfortunately.
            Morley Tyrepower

(08) 9275 3394

[email protected]

For all your car needs

Comment

Originally posted by Farkass View Post
              Hey mate,

What car are they going on? I don't have the RS3-S being available in a 245/45R18 unfortunately.
              2014 Holden SV6 ute.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                ^lasted 50,000km+
                Many moons ago I got 120,000 out Bridgestone G-Grids
                Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
                remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
                Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
                Who died while defending his right of way;
                He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
                But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
                  2014 Holden SV6 ute.
                  Righto - got two options for you.

If you are chasing something more comfort / family orientated you can get the Cooper CS5 Ultras with an 80,000km mileage warranty, the set will be $1040 inclusive of wheel alignment.

If you're chasing something a little bit more sport orientated, I can do the Kumho KU39s for $800 - these are currently on promotion. Hopefully some of the boys who we have fitted these for can give you some feedback on how they've found them.

Just to give you maybe one more option, the new Pirelli's, the Dragon Sports, I can do a set for $950.

Depending on what you're chasing, yes the Coopers are dearer, but you're going to get better mileage from them, so I reckon cost per km is far less than the other two.

Thanks mate,
                  Matt
                  Morley Tyrepower

(08) 9275 3394

[email protected]

For all your car needs

Comment

Promo time!

Ever wondered what you can do while you wait for your car to have a new set of tyres fitted?

Well, lunch (or brekkie) is on us (to the value of $30 )

We are fortunate enough to have a great café just three doors down from us called Mean Machines. The brainchild of Neville Friedman, these guys serve up some of the best tucker in the Morley area. Having a keen interest in classic bikes and cars, you will see some of his collection, pick up some new bike wear or catch a movie at night

Give me or Steve a ring today on 9275 3394 or via PM!

Last edited by Farkass; 07-10-2016, 08:30 AM.
                    Morley Tyrepower

(08) 9275 3394

[email protected]

For all your car needs

Comment

Picking up a 2012 Renault Megane 265 Trophy next week with 19" wheels, looking for the stickiest tyre I can get that's good both wet & dry (means the semi slicks are out I guess); not overly concerned with mileage. I tend to drive the card hard & it will be getting some track time too.

Have a preference for Pirelli, Yokos or Bridgestone from experience & working it the tyre trade for 8 years myself, tho a goodly while ago now.

What's the skinny?
                      .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Morley Tyrepower - Tyres, Suspension, Brakes, Mechanical

Originally posted by smeghead View Post
                        Picking up a 2012 Renault Megane 265 Trophy next week with 19" wheels, looking for the stickiest tyre I can get that's good both wet & dry (means the semi slicks are out I guess); not overly concerned with mileage. I tend to drive the card hard & it will be getting some track time too.

Have a preference for Pirelli, Yokos or Bridgestone from experience & working it the tyre trade for 8 years myself, tho a goodly while ago now.

What's the skinny?
                        [MENTION=8416]shortSteve[/MENTION] pushes his little hair dressers car around. I think he has RE003s.

Might be able to comment.
                        In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

According to lap times the bridgestone 003 is the one to have. Of note, our class regs say must be a road tyre (no semi slicks) with a wear rating greater than 180. Yoki advans were the tyre of choice last year, this year cars on 003 are around 1.5 secobds a lap/circuit faster. So good do they appear to be, some competitors are matching times with vehicles in the next tyre category up.
                          Mileage though...mine have done around 4k km and are roughly 1/3 worn. Shoulders are a little worse. Car has done about 10 motorsport events on them so far. Keep in mind results may vary between different sizes so ymmv.

sS
                          yes, i am ignorant
                          yes, i am a prick
                          no, i don't care
                          you make me sick

Comment

.. sweet, I have Bridgies on my current SAAB & like them (tho not RE003), will hafta see what the costings are like.
                            .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Originally posted by smeghead View Post

What's the skinny?
                              Hey mate,

Can definitely send through a few prices - do you have the size sitting on the car at the moment? I've got everything coming up from a 225/35/19, 235/35/19, 235/30/19 even a 255/30/19 and 265/30/19. I'm wondering if its staggered fitment too?

If you can confirm for me, I'll send through some pricing.

The RE003s certainly are grippy like what SS said

Cheers,
                              Matt
                              Morley Tyrepower

(08) 9275 3394

[email protected]

For all your car needs

Comment

Farkass Hello guys .
                                Thanks Paul ,done a great job on the service of my van.
                                I've got no oil leaking on my driveway anymore .
                                Nice to meet you to Matt ,saw you yesterday (ps, did you sell it )

Can recommend this mob .
                                Do it

Comment

Working...
                                X