• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider Down Crn Charles and Scarborough Bch Rd

"Starin' at the world through my rearview"

Shit hope he's ok

Comment

Yeah he's all good. I just watched the video on our security footage. The Commodore pulled out in front of him while making a right hand turn. The R1 was heading straight to go up Angove. Rider is ok and walked away with minor injuries. Bike looks like a write off.

Comment

not enough bling on the bike for it to be hornet? hopefully I'm not just seeing what I want to see.

Who ever the rider is, hope ya didn't get too banged up. Pretty solid hit to that pillar there though

edit ^ good news
        Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

I've written to main roads about that intersection before after a crash with much worse outcome... lived in north perth for 8 years and personally seen about 6 bikes get done in the same way,
          traffic turning right onto charles blocks the visibility of the cars turning right from angove when in middle of intersection, esp when a bus is turning. View would have also been blocked from the rider in this case to the car about to turn. OK if you're intelligent, but bad for average perth driver. arrow needs to stay red.

glad he's ok

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
            not enough bling on the bike for it to be hornet? hopefully I'm not just seeing what I want to see.

Who ever the rider is, hope ya didn't get too banged up. Pretty solid hit to that pillar there though

edit ^ good news
            Nah, mate, not me, but thanks for the concern. That bike is blek, the R1 I have is a purpley bluey colour and tinted screen.

Yeh, that windscreen took a pretty good hit. Rider needs to make sure to see a Dr about any injuries and make sure to lodge this with ICWA.
            2006 Yamaha R1SP;
            In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
            Amen, brother. Amen.
            My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

dam hope the rider is ok looks like a big hit :S

Comment

thats an 08 R1 by the looks of it.

glad rider is ok...
                Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I hope its not the one I just sold last week.

Glad the rider is ok though.
                  My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

I saw someone on a similar bike heading east through that intersection a couple of days. The lights went amber and he dropped it back a couple of cogs and gunned it. I thought at the time its a risky intersection for that.
                    -

Comment

Yeh its an 08 R1, bugger all K's on it too... Rider worked with me till last week... Meant to be flying to europe tonight

Getting x-rays now, nothing majour though

Comment

WD40 any chance you can upload footage? youtube or something?

Comment

blackgixx. Yep, i'll do my best to get a copy of it and upload it. It's pretty amazing actually. The rider flipped forward over his bars and onto the car's bonnet+windscreen. He slid then landed on his feet. Almost like a Hollywood stunt. You then see rider walk away out of screen looking unharmed.

Comment

Haha sounds good... Keep me posted

Comment

Video as requested.

Comment

Working...
                              X