57% of truckies driving drunk!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57% of truckies driving drunk!?

My local rag has a report about TEG and NW met traffic group checking heavy vehicles at Neerabup.

They stopped (around) 42 road trains and semi trailer trucks on Wanneroo road between 9 am and 1:30 pm last Tuesday.
    "All vehicles were checked for roadworthiness and compliance in relation to permits and logbooks. Seven defect notices were issued and 24 drivers charged with drink-driving"

Well there's a sobering thought for you! It looks like every other semi or road train that you see is being driven by a drunk driver. How reassuring.
    "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.

fuck thats a worry.

Comment

Thats it ... Im taking the bus

Comment

Originally posted by Kytty View Post
        Thats it ... Im taking the bus
        THey will probably start checking bus drivers next....
        sigpic

Comment

That's bizarre. Surely that can't be right.

Comment

It might have something to do with zero tolerance for truck drivers/dangerous goods/over-sized trucks.

Comment

good on them, while alot of people give truck drivers a bad name, for what they do, they are awesome, and if they are doing it drunk, thats even more impressive

Comment

Originally posted by XSorXpire View Post
                Nah, bus drivers are all upstanding members of the public that would never break the law...

Comment

Trust me, thats only the conditions detectable by police.

The stats would look very scary if there was a roadside detection for cognitive impairment from diabetes, sleep apnea (both big issues for the truckie ), not to mention Dementia/alzheimers, post stroke, cardio vascular isses, polypharmacy (reaction from multiple medications) etc etc for the general population.

You should see our daily client list. (shameless plug: DriveABLE Australia)
                  You wouldnt get back on the road if you knew the people out there driving. (and we only see a small percentage ... those that doctors happen to pick up on and its usually well past the point of safe driving by the time they get to us.)

Comment

I drive up and down Wanneroo Rd every day, and those stats don't surprise me in the least after seeing the shocking driving almost daily.

Comment

Originally posted by XSorXpire View Post
                      hrm ...... change of plan Im locking myself in the yard and riding my bike around the verandah LOL

Comment

Drunk drivers = less able to react quick enough to cut you off out of spite.

Given the caliber of most perth drivers out there, I reckon a lot of those DUI would be no worse than the standard perth fare...
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by goofy View Post
                          Nah, bus drivers are all upstanding members of the public that would never break the law...
                          Sometimes bus companies have upstanding members!
                          (You should see the St.Mary's senior girls)...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mungus View Post
                            That's bizarre. Surely that can't be right.
                            Sounded pretty scary to me, here's the link
                            "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.

Comment

The drive through bottle-o at the new Kewdale tavern can fit a truck through it. I wonder how long it will be until they start setting up booze buses on Kewdale road on a Friday arvo?

Comment

Working...
                              X