Rider(s) down Scarbs and Charles North Perth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider(s) down Scarbs and Charles North Perth

Looks pretty serious, some sort of blck cruiser on its side covered in white powder seems to have had fire extinguished, one possibly two riders under blankets. Help is talking to the rider so hoping for the best.

EDIT: My son just came home, he's pretty messed up, he saw the whole thing, rang the cops and was interviewed by them. A car pulling out of Chicken Treat, a Magna turing right into Chicken Treat, a Harley coming north along Charles St, rear wheel of bike hit by turning Magna, catches fire, female pillion hits pole no movement from her, rider groaning, two ambos, driver runs off but comes back. That really is a shit intersection.
    Last edited by agrid; 30-05-2010, 06:16 PM.
    -

yep, tis fucked. I've just about been fucked up there myself (tis just down road). Written a couple times to main roads to put a median strip on charles and a Angove -> Charles right filter arrow... hope they do something now. Pretty much every direction theres a car trying to beat oncoming traffic to make a turn, or beat the orange

hope rider/pillion pull thru

Comment

Hopefully everyone is going to pull through, my thoughts are with the rider and pillion and their families

Comment

Jesus, I almost got cleaned up there only a couple of hours ago, and I'm pretty sure it was a magna.
        Just hope the rider and pillion are OK

Comment

It's pretty depressing how something nasty has to happen before anything is done is ever done....

Hope the rider and pillion are ok

Comment

That intersection is a real mess. Thoughts with all involved.

Comment

4 fuckin entries into basically a single carpark right next to each other doesn't help.... pricks reckon they can drive good aye and try to think quick about which entry they'll aim for to get between a break in oncoming traffic

Comment

Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

arrgh...how many more accidents have to occur before main roads does something to make it safer.
                  These days I avoid this intersection ...just use a different route now.

I hope the people involved are ok

Comment

Originally posted by AndyS View Post
                    Jesus, I almost got cleaned up there only a couple of hours ago, and I'm pretty sure it was a magna.
                    Just hope the rider and pillion are OK
                    A blue Magna.
                    -

Comment

also saw this coming home tonight. cops closed off the whole road

hope rider and pillion come through

Comment

Originally posted by agird View Post
                        A blue Magna.
                        Yep

Comment

Originally posted by AndyS View Post
                          Yep
                          I hesitated to add in case it generated some racist chest-beating. Just stating what my son saw. The blue Magna was driven by a dark-skinned man.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by agird View Post
                            I hesitated to add in case it generated some racist chest-beating. Just stating what my son saw. The blue Magna was driven by a dark-skinned man.
                            Then it's a different blue magna, the driver that almost ran me down was definately white.

Comment

Holy shit not this same intersection....
                              I was driving through there a bit earlier and drive a magna, a gold one though!
                              That's messed they need to fix that asap
                              Hope rider and pillion aren't too banged up...

Comment

Working...
                              X