• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident stirling hwy

Hey guys,

Bad first post, accident on stirling hwy,
    Yamaha something vs a prado.
    Prado driver pulled out right in front of a bike on yellow.
    Prado turning right and bike going straight both on yellow.

Yamaha rider looks pretty bad with a broken leg. But seemed to know where he was, and was able to feel his feet.
    Prado driver was an off duty cop.
    Frankly was a sad excuse for a cop, and didn't come to the riders aid. Should be reported and placed on leave until a review.
    He seemed more worried about his car than the rider. He was also seen laughing, and the front row witness was only interviewed when she tried to leave 30 minutes after the accident, and the rider was on his way to Charlie gardeners.
    A passing doctor was able to assist though.

Thoughts are with the rider.

More info available on PM.

959fs - yamaha

1bwd-110 prado
    disturbthepeace
    Last edited by disturbthepeace; 14-03-2011, 11:56 PM.

What colour Yammie?
    Originally posted by Melkor
    The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Black

edit: It may not have been a yammie, it may have been something else.
      It was dark, and hard to make out, but I will post pics later.
      one notable thing, was black, short exhaust, and one piece seat.
      (Integrated pillion seat with main seat.)

Rego numbers for bike and cop @ bottom of 1st post.
      disturbthepeace
      Last edited by disturbthepeace; 15-03-2011, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Hopefully the rider heals up quick.

So the cop pulls up in front of a bike who went through a yellow and then laughed and didnt help when the rider was clearly in a bad state...WHAT A PIG. Should be suspended from duty, these are the people who are supposed to help us when we are in need. The likely outcome though is that he will get off scott free and the rider will be charged for riding through a yellow light.

Well done to the witnesses and hopefully it makes an impact on the cops life.

Comment

I personally know an accident investigation cop and the truth does come out. If the OP version is the truth then the cop will end up with the same as any other person.
          Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

^^ I'd love to agree with you but, I've had a judge tell me point blank that when it came down to it,
            my word and that of my witness was not going to be held in the same esteem as that of the cop.
            He was actually apologetic to us but, in the end felt compelled to "take the word of a sworn officer".

Comment

Dam so close to home. Hope the rider heals up quick.

So it seems when WAPOL are not starting fires theyre mowing down bikes in their spare time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

i would report that cop
                "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by 19andrew59 View Post
                  ^^ I'd love to agree with you but, I've had a judge tell me point blank that when it came down to it,
                  my word and that of my witness was not going to be held in the same esteem as that of the cop.
                  He was actually apologetic to us but, in the end felt compelled to "take the word of a sworn officer".
                  And I've had the opposite. Unfortunately it happens when it shouldn't. Judge said conflicting evidence and wouldn't side with either.

Comment

Not my black yamaha (I'm a sterling hwy regular). Hope the rider is alright, prados are pretty big.
                    Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

So viper the cop got off too?

IA love this kind of shit though...

Sent from my mobile via the buggy tapatalk app.
                      c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Unfortunately he didn't get charged with perjury. If I'd recorded the roadside conversation he would have. But I got off so who cares

Comment

I don't see anything about the accident the other day outside Zenith Music posted up? The bike was a newer very blue, like the Triumph electric blue one on its side pulled up hard against the wall. I could only see the underside so no idea about the make or model. Cops in attendance but I did not see anyone else. Was the rider OK?
                          Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Working...
                          X