Stolen overnight - FZR 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen overnight - FZR 250

Some low-life scumbag(s) made off with my bike between 9pm and 7am. It was parked outside my girlfriend's house in Highgate. They must have quietly loaded it onto a vehicle.
    I've reported it to the police but I suspect the recovery rate is rather low in such circumstances. Having gone to the trouble of sneaking up in the middle of the night and loading it onto a vehicle indicates to me that they have some plan in mind.

Anyway, it'd be great if people could take a second look at any such bikes they see, pics here: My Garage

Particular identifying features: there's a fist-sized hole in the LHS fairing. Has a Roo Racing exhaust.

Rego: 1DS 081

My number is 0404 260 489 just in case it actually gets spotted somewhere. Cheers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	4924925
    maxfacta
    Inactive Member
    Last edited by maxfacta; 18-03-2011, 07:26 PM.

sorry to hear that.
    i live nearby. will keep an eye out for you mate.

Comment

Great, thanks. It was stolen from Grant St, which is a short dead end street which leads up to Highgate primary, just by the intersection of Beaufort and Bulwer.

Comment

Got a rego mate? I'm out that area a bit and will keep an eye out.

Comment

1ds 081

Yes right, it's 1DS 081.

If I'm *real* lucky, it was just some drunken St Paddy's day reveller who thought he'd roll it down the hill, and it may be dumped nearby somewhere... if I'm *real* lucky...

Comment

So... Maybe I was lucky. The police found it, dumped in an alley in Highgate. Ostensibly in fine condition, so far as the officer concerned can tell me.

All I need now is to produce a $300 "towing fee" to release it from the holding compound 2.3km away in Leederville. Those AAAC guys are on a gravy train.

Comment

you're shitting me? Their probably the ones that nicked it. Glad to hear you got it back.

Sent using Tapatalk Nokia Beta version.
              Can you help with foster care?
              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

FFs the amount of bikes getting F'ed with lately is spun out.

Mate get a Hyo and rest assured you will sleep better at night.

For everything else theres Mastercard (for the disc locks and alarms).
                Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Alarmed disc locks FTW!

Comment

Glad to see you got it back mate, very lucky!!
                    Also +1 on the disc locks, just got an alarmed one myself and it's a great deterrent and 'stopper'!

Comment

Originally posted by maxfacta View Post
                      So... Maybe I was lucky. The police found it, dumped in an alley in Highgate. Ostensibly in fine condition, so far as the officer concerned can tell me.

All I need now is to produce a $300 "towing fee" to release it from the holding compound 2.3km away in Leederville. Those AAAC guys are on a gravy train.
                      Ahhhhh... what?

This is often a scam. It's actually the police that have commissioned the job, so it's them that pays the towing bill.

There has been no actual contract between you and the towing company, so how can they then present you with an invoice?

Check with the police and consumer affairs.

I know someone who went through this a few years ago. Months later she found out that the police had paid the bill as well. Took ages to get a refund cheque, but it did eventuate.
                      One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoon View Post
                        Mate get a Hyo and rest assured you will sleep better at night.
                        Really... There was one of those stolen about a month or two ago also.
                        Originally posted by Desmogod
                        Nobody was bagging scooters, they were bagging you.

Comment

Originally posted by Phildo View Post
                          Ahhhhh... what?

This is often a scam. It's actually the police that have commissioned the job, so it's them that pays the towing bill.

There has been no actual contract between you and the towing company, so how can they then present you with an invoice?
                          Thanks Phildo, that seems very logical.
                          The girl at AAAC did say that I didn't have to pay today - I could take the bike now and instead wait until the Police sent me a bill - however there would be an extra 20% on theirs.
                          (btw, not sure if you recall, but you are familiar with this particular bike!)

An alarmed lock seems like a good move. And who doesn't like fancy gadgets.

Comment

I had a similar thing with one of my cars that I took across the pitts which got impounded for having a stolen engine in it........

By the time I was allowed to go and get it the bill was nearly $900.00 which I refused to pay considering it was an $800.00 car. In the end it sat in the impound for nearly 5 (@ $27 per day) weeks as I refused to pay considering it was not my fault the car was impounded. I got it back without having to pay.

You can however pay it and then put a claim in against the popo but I am not sure how it works as you might not get your money back.

On the other hand $300 bucks is cheap insurance to make sure your pride and joy stayed safe once it had been found/recovered. I suppose it would be a little different if it had of been destroyed or smashed up etc.

Comment

Damn. Came down to pick the bike up today, but the thieving lowlifes have drilled down into the ignition. My key doesn't work. Neither does a screwdriver...
                              I guess it's a blessing in disguise; if they had managed to start it with a screwdriver they might not have dumped it.

Comment

Working...
                              X