Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 News : Janson Button & Craig Lowndes to drive at Bathurst TODAY/NOW! 22 March 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 News : Janson Button & Craig Lowndes to drive at Bathurst TODAY/NOW! 22 March 2011

This (**Linky**) is supposed to be happening right now - but I can't find any live feeds.

ANyone heard anything about a web feed?:o

They're predicting a 1:45 lap in the 2009 F1 car, compared to Lowndes lap record in a V8 0f about 2:06

TIMETABLE Here....
    Dead Man's Hand
    Internationational Porter Protection Group
    Just call me Pat

I heard that they won't be timing it, and probably won't be allowed to do a complete quick lap. There is no way that Cochroach would let people see how much quicker it is than a V8 taxi.

Comment

Button will probally do what webber did at barbs, take one look at the runoffs and go yep thanks I tootle round at only 5secs under the lap record. Resist will be there so I'm expecting a live report. Wonder how the front wings will go down through the dipper?
      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

News just in ....

YouTube - Jenson Button in F1 car at Bathurst

...don't blink though
        Dead Man's Hand
        Internationational Porter Protection Group
        Just call me Pat

Comment

Can't wait to see the full video.

Button and Lowndes did a 1:47 and 1:48 respectively.
          Can you help with foster care?
          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Can't wait to hear what Button thinks of the Bathurst track.

Comment

The whole video will be great to watch.
              Originally posted by deano68er
              Originally posted by Sudu
              Loud?
              Enough to make ya hard

Comment

Hopefully we'll get the lap from the onboard camers, that would be freakin' awesome
                DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

Comment

The show cars are usually not set up at all, other than to make sure the wheels are bolted on, and they can hold together long enough to do a burnout. the show car crew usually doesnt even bring weigh scales or any of the other set up gear with them. because of that, these things usually handle like crap compared to the race car.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                    The show cars are usually not set up at all, other than to make sure the wheels are bolted on, and they can hold together long enough to do a burnout. the show car crew usually doesnt even bring weigh scales or any of the other set up gear with them. because of that, these things usually handle like crap compared to the race car.
                    yeah, but they're still going to be suffiviently set up to make sure they don't barrel into a wall. You will find the demo car in this instance will have a universal 'bumpy road track' setting applied.

Sent using Tapatalk Nokia Beta version.
                    Can you help with foster care?
                    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Footage, quotes and times are here:
                      I had to lift my bum: Lowndes | Fox Sports
                      and
                      How fast can an F1 car lap Bathurst? | Fox Sports
                      Last edited by resist; 22-03-2011, 03:24 PM.
                      The Twitter

Comment

Woah, 20 seconds faster. Nice work.
                        If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

interesting. you get the man who knows the car intimately but doesn't know the track, vs the man who knows the track but not the car, and they're within a second of each other
                          "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Originally posted by chief wiggum View Post
                            interesting. you get the man who knows the car intimately but doesn't know the track, vs the man who knows the track but not the car, and they're within a second of each other
                            I don't think you can read too much into that, I would assume they were both well off what the car would be capable of if they were trying.

Comment

Button was quoted as saying that around 1:40 was a possibility.

How awesome would it be to go on a 3 week trip, if the timing was right, Bathurst 1000 1st week, F1's 2nd week, 3rd week at Philip Island, it would be "The Ultimate RevHead Trip"

Date wise it is not that complex, currently the V8's are scheduled for the 6th to the 9th of October, both the Korean F1 GP an the Australian MotoGP are on the same weekend. So what in an ideal world would be this :

The FIA swap the Korean F1 race with the Australian race, then get the FIM to push the Australian MotoGP race back a week, abracadabra we have three weeks of awesome.

So the itinerary would look like this :

October 6-9 V8’s @ Bathurst

October 13-16 F1’s @ Bathurst

October 20-23 MotoGP @ Phillip Island

It'll never happen, but I would do the trip in a heartbeat.
                              Last edited by Dr. Venkman; 22-03-2011, 08:08 PM. Reason: added super massive thought
                              DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

Comment

Working...
                              X