• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Australian police sergeant on reckless driving charge

Can't see this posted anywhere else.... mods do your thing if inappropriate

West Australian police sergeant on reckless driving charge | News.com.au

:o:o

They should leave him alone ...........................

buelllord
    Women are like motorcycles, they should be ridden hard and kept well lubricated ...

Comment

i wonder who will be in more trouble, the speeder or the cop who failed to act
      Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

This was subsequently identified by police
        Ruh roh, did somebody make a little video for the Christmas party?
        Originally posted by Melkor
        The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Im guessing the Sergeant will now have plenty more time to spend on the net looking up PSB and possibly starting a Thread on the lines of "Got done doing 60km over the limit, how do i get out of it"

Comment

let him off

Comment

I hate how people think it acceptable for judges to set punishments at a higher level than they should be because it is meant to serve as a warning to others. ie "This man must be made an example of". If they did the crime - they should do the appropriate time; not "If everyone hears that jay walking results in your legs being cut off they wont be doing it any time soon. FEEL MY POWER"
              Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Ooo ooffice Kent, Im sure this is the same guy who pulled me over and yellow sticked me for a FE.

http://thechive.com
                Keep Calm
                and
                Chive on !

Comment

But if they are wanting to generally deter others then that custodial sentence is the appropriate time.

Circular argument is circular.
                  Originally posted by Melkor
                  The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

He better get the book thrown at him, 40kmh+ = $1000 + 7 demerits. If he geta anything less then every person who gets done for similar offences will be able to claim a precedent.
                    DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Venkman View Post
                      He better get the book thrown at him, 40kmh+ = $1000 + 7 demerits. If he geta anything less then every person who gets done for similar offences will be able to claim a precedent.
                      Would a lesser precedent be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Venkman View Post
                        148 in an 80k zone is 68 k's.

That should be $600-$1000 and a Reckless charge, 6 months suspension of licence, fucked insurance,

and i too was booked heavily by this cop, so enjoy the penalty because it is just and good.

a preferred option for me is one of the 2 cops on reckless charges proves beyound doubt that the lazer radars are wrong and unjust ( which won't happen) Then i can go back to court and get many thousands of dollars back.

Comment

Arwon even if proved wrong our government will still say they are accurate!

New Zealand Department of Scientific and Industrial Research proved hand helds wrong in a high percentage of reading in the1970s. So that was reason NZ traffic Police did not use them.

I arrive in Australia 1979 and see WA government telling us these are infallible! Plus I saw cops using them against the procedures manual set down by manufacturer.

Maybe I am too cynical surely things have changed

Comment

Just look how banged up they are close up. For a hi-spec item which has the capacity to inflict huge financial and lifestyle changes, i would expect better care to be taken.

Comment

My 2cents, Treat the speeding copper as you would me or you. The cop not doing anything, needs to be repremanded appropriately. That can be only the fairest out come, as much as some of you want to see him get worse. He knows the consequences of his actions by the sounds of it. So if he loses his licence, its his fault. Im assuming he's a traffic cop if he caught some of you, so he needs his licence. So tough shit on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X