Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throttle Control "safety" System for new bikes?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Control "safety" System for new bikes?!

Motorcycle throttle control safety system

Apologies if a re-post. Couldn't find it anywhere. If this sort of thing mkes it into new bikes I imagine the 2nd hand market will become more ppular.
    Ass is back on a Super Sport!!!

OMG noooooooooooo!!!
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Just another example of the PC nanny mentality that has invaded our lives.

Comment

Someone will deivse a kit to get around it. Electronics packages are only as good as the information they receive.
        A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

Interesting...slightly discriminating against one group of motorists. And the obvious safety concerns of the system blocking the throttle if you need to get out of a sticky situation...
          SP RACINGis supported by:
          MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
          Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
          Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Hah - like the hydraulic piston that pushes back against the accelerator pedal on trucks if you hit the 100 limit.

To be honest, a gentle back pressure (it would feel like your throttle is hitting the stop, but a soft stop and a little earlier than normal) would make riding to the limit brainless - just hold the thing "pinned" and let the bike control your speed itself.

And when you want to cut loose, well, a motor that forces against you isn't going to do much after, oh sad, I accidentally put a switch on those two wires
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Yep - it will cause as many (if not more) accidents than it saves - plenty of situations where it is better to accelerate than to brake.

Comment

Man anyone else feel controlled and unable to live your life the way you want?
                Last edited by Gippo; 28-03-2011, 11:51 AM.
                Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

They'll prolly implement it, but can it once someone's killed because they couldn't get out of trouble...
                  "need more powah capt'n"
                  "sorry you can't have it, our sat nav determines you can't are potentially in an unsafe situation"
                  "well yes, it was an unsafe situation but nothing compared to what it is now because I need to get out of troub-..."

Comment

Hope they design it so you can still go to the drags and do more than a 22.2 with a top speed of 110klm/h
                    Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Sounds bloody dangerous, who wants some satellite system dictating how much throttle you can use at a given place and time of day.
                      National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

They really gotta stop taking the easy "shortcut" and start investing in providing people with the proper training. This is just treating the symptoms rather than the disease. Disease being people who can't realise when they are potentially putting OTHERS at risk. I say if you want to speed go ahead but only if you are willing to put only yourself at risk. (Speeding slightly over the limit arguably isn't greatly putting others at risk IMO)

Comment

Mmmm, mandatory SatNav on bikes, hang on what if we link it to the speed limits and then we can issue fines without having to use all those expensive cameras!
                          My bike: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=976

Comment

That's friggin ludicrous. Theres a thousand reasons we ride. My two favourites are the freedom and the thrill. This kills them all.
                            Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before

Comment

There is no way this would happen over here.

The article did say it was non'invasive, I guess that means it can be easily ripped off the bike too.

Comment

Working...
                              X