Just Highsided off Coode st/Walter road intersection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Highsided off Coode st/Walter road intersection

Avoiding an old lady who was about to turn right onto walter road. Lost control and highsided. A generous gentleman came to help out, and some other people came to check which was nice. I was wondering if there was a slight chance that any witnesses were from PSB? I forgot to take the witness details. Somehow I dont think I would be considered not at fault, seeing as I didn't actually hit the car...

Damage to myself not too bad. Some road rash to my leg mainly and my elbow. Could have been much worse if I was going faster.

gongzee >> Motorbike None

Now thats impressive.!!

Seriously, Good to hear you got off light with just a bit of road rash.

Should have got witness stuff at the time, but heat of the moment doesn't always allow for clear thinking.
    To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.

Originally posted by PSB Forum Software
    Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

Comment

glad to hear you're ok mate............very lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Hired_goon View Post
        gongzee >> Motorbike None

Now thats impressive.!!

Seriously, Good to hear you got off light with just a bit of road rash.

Should have got witness stuff at the time, but heat of the moment doesn't always allow for clear thinking.
        do some work or i will tell your wife what a slackass you are being

HH

Comment

sorry to hear it mate, it's a pretty busy intersection that one depending on the time, and just round the corner from the cop shop too

hope the bike's not much worse off than you

Comment

Cheers guys. I ask on PSB for witnesses cos the guy who helped me out looked like he know how to handle bikes. Just the off chance he might be on here. Bike is pretty decent condition, better than I thought it would be. I would actually rather have it written off. I had just gotten my bike repaired (which took fucking forever), and would rather not go through the same process again. Looking at the bike, I probably am though

Comment

I always understood the rule to be if someone is hurt...no matter how bad... the police were to be invloved or has that become too difficult for them now as well as anything else that requires non use of a speed camera.
              Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

I live just near there do you need help with the bike or anything?
                My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
                  Nah, I'm back at home now, thanks. The bike was in ride able condition, although the front brake lever was a bit fucked. I live pretty much across that park so the ride back wasn't too bad. Cheers

@ BusaSteve: Not sure about that rule. I headed to the police station (which is like 20 meters away from the incident) and filed a report though.

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
                    ditto. just give me a shout if u need a hand.

Comment

I'm not far also and good to hear you're ok.
                      Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Sucks and all, but you highsided braking? :o

Comment

Originally posted by gongzee View Post
                          Nah, I'm back at home now, thanks. The bike was in ride able condition, although the front brake lever was a bit fucked. I live pretty much across that park so the ride back wasn't too bad. Cheers

@ BusaSteve: Not sure about that rule. I headed to the police station (which is like 20 meters away from the incident) and filed a report though.

You must live next door or something then cos Im on Lawrence
                          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                            Sucks and all, but you highsided braking? :o
                            Yes, a combo of braking and swerving.

@redfern: Yeah that's pretty much next door, I live on Gummery

@AndySt/Hoon: Cheers guys

Well, spent an hr unbending shit and now the bike is very rideable. Biggest problem is one side of the handlebar is more bent than the other... hopefully I can take her to uni tm without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by gongzee View Post
                              Yes, a combo of braking and swerving.

@redfern: Yeah that's pretty much next door, I live on Gummery

@AndySt/Hoon: Cheers guys

Well, spent an hr unbending shit and now the bike is very rideable. Biggest problem is one side of the handlebar is more bent than the other... hopefully I can take her to uni tm without any problems.
                              My old stomping ground... used to live on Broun Ave then Spruce Rd near Emberson oval, went to HamptonSHS (just a few years ago)

Comment

Working...
                              X