DL 1000
    GSX 1300BK
    GSX 1300R
    LT-Z400
    GSR 600
    VLR 1800
    VLR 1500
    VL800
    Has to do with a module getting to hot causing battery failure or engine failure. Check with your local Suzuki dealer if you dont get the letter ( second owners ) or if you just wanna check.
    All 2008-2009 Suzuki motorcycles with the following model numbers: GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSF650, GSF1250, GSX650F, GSX1300BK, GSX1300R, GSR600, VLR1800, VLR1500, VL800, SFV650, AN400, AN250, DL1000, and LT-Z400
    Last edited by B J; 13-04-2011, 12:18 AM.
    I'm not misunderstood....It's just that no one understands me.

Years?
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

According to the letter I received yesterday:
      Suzuki has determined that some regulator/rectifier assemblies were produced with insufficient adhesion between the power module and the rectifier case. Due to the insufficient adhesion, heat generated from the power module can cause the power module to lift from the case. The condition can cause excessive heat on the module which can result in insufficient charge current being provided to the battery. This may cause discharging of the battery and can lead to engine stalling or non-start condition.
      It says to verify if your motorcycle is affected in this recall campaign, please cross reference the VIN listed above (JS1CW111200100553) with your 17 digit VIN located on your motorcycles. For all road registered bikes please cross reference with registration label of your vehicle or on the left hand head stem tube.

I no longer own the bike to check but I do know that the K8/K9 gixxer 600/750's have been recalled, and the new owner of the bike has just had to have it replaced. Hopefully they will reimburse her for it.
      Last edited by Kristy; 13-04-2011, 12:22 AM.

Comment

All 2008-2009 Suzuki motorcycles with the following model numbers: GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSF650, GSF1250, GSX650F, GSX1300BK, GSX1300R, GSR600, VLR1800, VLR1500, VL800, SFV650, AN400, AN250, DL1000, and LT-Z400
        Last edited by B J; 13-04-2011, 12:19 AM.
        I'm not misunderstood....It's just that no one understands me.

Comment

Suzuki

Comment

Just got mine as well.
            The letter suggests that it's due to glue they used on the rectifier failing and leading to a lack of battery charge.
            According to the dealer however they has 2 rectifiers overheat in Europe and both bikes went up in flames - hence the recall.

Comment

You all should have bought a GSXR 1000.
              We are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride.

Comment

Lol. +1
                Originally posted by Commuter
                23) Your girlfriends parents will not be impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her.
                24) If your girlfriend is not impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her, get a new girlfriend.

Comment

Of course if this had been a Ducati, you lot would have been all over it as an example of shit engineering.

But I won't go there. Oh wait.

Comment

Technically it's engineering on the part of the manufaturer of the regulator. At least Suzuki are replacing units on bikes that are outside warranty.

But you're right, ducati doesn't make oil so why should it be held reponsible when it leaks?
                    Originally posted by Desmo
                    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyS View Post
                      Just got mine as well.
                      The letter suggests that it's due to glue they used on the rectifier failing and leading to a lack of battery charge.
                      According to the dealer however they has 2 rectifiers overheat in Europe and both bikes went up in flames - hence the recall.
                      My rectifier overheated badly, enough to start smoking. I think I was just lucky that i happened to be stopping and noticed it. Replaced it with one from a thou.

Also, if you look at the parts fiche for a k6/7 600/750, the model number for the reg/rec has been superseded with the one from the thou.
                      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

bloody shit ...the 06-07 600 and 750 have this problem too but do they recall them ....noooooooooooooo

wankers

Comment

Getting mine replace on Saturday.

Comment

da-yam

Comment

Well I did warn you lot like a thousand years ago
                              thread in question ---->http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...recall-123948/
                              "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

Working...
                              X