Rider down Cnr Thomas St & Kings Park Road intersection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider down Cnr Thomas St & Kings Park Road intersection

In the North bound lanes, couldn't see what make of bike, looked to be a sports bikes, definitely not a trail or cruiser, on its left side.

Couldn't see the rider but 2 Ambo's and 3 cop cars were in attendance, what that means is anyones guess

Hope the rider is ok.
    DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

hope the rider is ok
    statistically 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't happy

Comment

looked like a red sports bike - older model.

couldn't see rider either unfortunately. Quite a busy intersection so hopefully a low speed incident and the rider is ok.

Comment

shit it was a rider. saw all the ambos and tow trucks and thought it was either car crash or perhaps a pedestrian getting hit which ive seen quite a few times there.

hope the rider is ok
        We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hey, news travels fast.

I was the rider, nothing broken other than my bike. A pedestrian ran out in front of me (about 10m away from the intersection where there was an actual pedestrian crossing ).

Moral of the story, think twice about filtering. Even when traffic is stopped its a risky game.

Comment

Thanks for your concern by the way

Comment

I filter that intersection everyday - not my favourite part of the ride home, that's for sure!
              Glad to hear you're ok though, such a bummer to hear about the bike. Hope you have your bike (or a new one!) back on the road soon
              I came here to drink milk and kick arse... And I'm all out of milk

Comment

I did as well as part of my commute to UWA.

I didn't mean to sound preachy either, filtering IS very convenient. As is often the case though, all it takes is for someone else to do something silly to ruin your day

Comment

Originally posted by VSTIG View Post
                  Hey, news travels fast.

I was the rider, nothing broken other than my bike. A pedestrian ran out in front of me (about 10m away from the intersection where there was an actual pedestrian crossing ).

Moral of the story, think twice about filtering. Even when traffic is stopped its a risky game.
                  shit dude that sucks hard. glad to hear you're ok.

as i mentioned before ive seen pedestrians hit there on a few occasions. its a pretty dodge intersection at the best of times and it cops a heap of foot traffic from CBD/ Kings Park to subi. i always see pedestrians doing silly shit to save time on the traffic light sequence.

was the pedestrian ok? i saw 2 ambos and thought the worst
                  We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yeah she was ok thank god

Comment

glad to hear everyone is ok, much damage to your ride?
                      statistically 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't happy

Comment

Fuck I'm glad I spend so much time maintaining pedestrian signals and pushbuttons on traffic lights
                        Filtering = Legal.
                        Jaywalking = Illegal.
                        You didn't do anything wrong mate. Good thing everyone is alright and I hope insurance doesn't give you any headaches.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your bike

Bet she won't do that again in a hurry, I nearly got one myself the other day out on Gt Eastern

Comment

Hey VStig good to hear you're ok.

Had something similar happen to me. Little asian girl just jumped out of nowhere, fortunately I was only doing about 30 and managed to E stop. What pissed me off is she saw me then froze and just f*%ken stood there and watched me E stop up right up to her! Talk about bunny in the headlights!

I agree with Sonik on this one it must be their fault but would be interesting to know how the law treats it.....
                            Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Lucky for you both. I was going slower than that but she ran out from in front of a 4WD so I didnt see her coming. by the time i was on the break we had already connected...
                              The cops said i was riding legally - traffic was stopped, the intersection was clear, the light was green and i was filtering in the left lane. The problem is that the insurance company still has the final say to who is at fault regardless of the law here. And even though she officially admitted responsibility I could still cop the excess. Will just have to wait and see how it plays out.

As far as damage goes, I'm expecting it to just need a few new bits and pieces (gear lever, mirror, indicator) and some paint. It seemed mechanically sound, and its not like it had fairings to destroy.

Comment

Working...
                              X