Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aprilia drops price of 2011 RSV4 range. Not to mention an upgrade of the electronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aprilia drops price of 2011 RSV4 range. Not to mention an upgrade of the electronics

Much better price! Interesting to see the RSV4 R gets a 200/55-17 rear tyre!

Aprilia drops price of 2011 RSV4 range

I love it:

And the increased level of spec hasn’t come at a price, with the base level RSV4 set to retail for $22,990 when it goes on sale in June, $1000 less than the current model
    Try finding a dealer in WA that was offering the RSV4 for $23,990 retail last year. Best price I found was $25,990 ride away. $2000 for ORC? Yeh right. These RRP figures must be in wonderland yeh?

Comment

When I was looking for a new sports bike I looked at the RSVR but ruled it out due to price. My thinking at the time was I could get a Ducati 1198 for the same kinda money so why bother?

Comment

Because the aprilia is better???
        The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by solrak View Post
          When I was looking for a new sports bike I looked at the RSVR but ruled it out due to price. My thinking at the time was I could get a Ducati 1198 for the same kinda money so why bother?
          Its why I brought a CBR1000. Great value for money.

I dont have the ability to ride either at their limit so meh, why pay more for a bike that I couldn't ride any better....

Comment

I loved the aprilia when i rode it except for the engine heat and also the fact i couldn't fit my left knee under the tank when my foot was in gear changing position.

For someone a little shorter than me it would be an awesome bike, very agressive riding position though so as long as you are ok with that.

Also agree with Harro (shit i had better edit that before he sees ) that the CBR was easily the best bike for the $$. Half the price of the RSV4 Factory but certainly not half the bike.
            Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

BMW have dropped the price of the S1000rr also

Comment

Originally posted by thugsfatboy464 View Post
                BMW have dropped the price of the S1000rr also
                interesting, what did they drop it to?
                Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

Think its about 23k ride away ,not bringing base model into Australia now

Comment

Tried to test ride the RSV4 last week, but they've sold their demo and aren't getting a new one til after June. Didn't seem even slightly interested in doing business. They must be doing a roaring trade in people buying bikes before they ride them!
                    Giggity.

Comment

Originally posted by Harro View Post
                      Its why I brought a CBR1000. Great value for money.

I dont have the ability to ride either at their limit so meh, why pay more for a bike that I couldn't ride any better....
                      Originally posted by Waikikamucau View Post
                      Also agree with Harro (shit i had better edit that before he sees ) that the CBR was easily the best bike for the $$. Half the price of the RSV4 Factory but certainly not half the bike.
                      Spoken like true Honda owners.

Comment

That 200 rear section will look fucking badass!
                        Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                        Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                        In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                        Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                        And forgive us our lanesplitting
                        As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                        And lead us not into gravel corners
                        But deliver us from hand-held radars
                        For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                        Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

Had a customer in at work today, seemed to suggest he was looking At 27k on road? Can't see that being the factory? And bit over the standard price??

Comment

Originally posted by killswitch54923 View Post
                            That 200 rear section will look fucking badass!
                            But will possibly slow down the turn in.

Comment

How so Desmo???
                              It'll be a taller tire, hence more ride height in the rear, and a steeper steering angle...

Comment

Working...
                              X