Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Willeri Drive Speed Limit Change (Down, Of Course)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willeri Drive Speed Limit Change (Down, Of Course)

Willeri Drive Willeton/Riverton between Vellgrove Avenue and High Rd has had the speed limit reduced from 70kmh to 60kmh.

That road has been 70kmh for at least 10 years that I have been using it regularly.

As usual, there has been no warnings, there are no signs telling drivers that the speed limit has been changed, they just pulled of the '70' signs and whacked on new '60' signs. The old '60' sign at the Vellgrove Ave end has disappeared like it never existed.

You can bet you last dollar that Willeri Drive will be infested with mutinovas and other revenue raisers for the next few weeks until motorists notice that the signs have changed and the gubmint rakes in a few grand.

No wonder people lose respect for the law.

There is a sign next to KFC in yellow advising motorists of the changed speed limit ahead.
    BREAKING NEWS!!! The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get Over It. Any complaints about how I operate, can be forwarded to 1-800-waa-wah with Dr. Sniffle reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin!!!

I wonder what this is?

Comment

^^ yup saw them last night on the way home from Uni.
      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

OK, Sorry. I rode through the shopping centre tonight and didn't see the yellow sign at KFC. Only just barely noticed the new '60' sign.

Comment

Meh no issues mate.

I miss 60 signs all the time ... I swear they all say 100.
          Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Last edited by Jasmineee; 16-04-2011, 12:42 AM.
            BREAKING NEWS!!! The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get Over It. Any complaints about how I operate, can be forwarded to 1-800-waa-wah with Dr. Sniffle reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin!!!

I wonder what this is?

Comment

noticed that the other week, never seenm a crash there and all i/sections are pretty clear
              Originally posted by Rocket
              Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

Comment

The local community paper advised of the change via front page article about 3 weeks in advance. I know, little consulation for those not in the area.

The change was made because of many accidents at hossack intersection. I go through there everyday, and fail to see how people can crash at that intersection.

It's absurd that a dual carriage way that has such a clear view, and minimal side streets should be 60kph.

My 2c
                When you open a can of whoop-ass, Chuck Norris jumps out.

Comment

Yeah noticed today that they have reduced the speed limit on Lenore Rd in Pearsall has been dropped from 80>70kmh from Ocean Reef Rd till where it changes to Franklin Rd and Trichet Rd has been dropped as well :o
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

soon it'll be quicker to walk... reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George is getting chased on a Mobility Scooter and he ends up jumping off and running cos it's faster

Comment

Originally posted by Domino View Post
                      The change was made because of many accidents at hossack intersection. I go through there everyday, and fail to see how people can crash at that intersection.
                      Some people that want to turn right onto Willeri assume the car infront will go because they see a gap in traffic to the left. The car infront does not see this gap due to not being able to see behind the cars in the sliplane turning right onto Hossack. The car behind moves forward and before they know it, they rear end the car infront.

Similar situation can be applied to this next scenario. Cars wanting to turn right onto Willeri and then not being able to see if the road is clear due to cars occupying the slip lane turning left onto Hossack. Something like this.

Excuse my explanations, they lack in precision.

I wonder what this is?

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                        Yeah noticed today that they have reduced the speed limit on Lenore Rd in Pearsall has been dropped from 80>70kmh from Ocean Reef Rd till where it changes to Franklin Rd and Trichet Rd has been dropped as well :o
                        I go down Lenore Rd everyday and upset that it's a 70km/h zone now! Still, I do atleast 80km/h going down it hehe usually a camera behind some of the trees after East Rd (going towards Ocean Reef Rd) which you might want to be cautious of, my older brother got fined rear camera there in the car.

Comment

I'ts all a game, win win for those guys.
                          "It moved"

Comment

OK. I just rode along Willeri again, and the yellow "changed speed limit" warning signs are pretty clear at both ends, so I withdraw my earlier rant about there being no warning.

My excuse is that the other night I came off High Rd before the lights into the shopping centre and came out of there onto Willeri behind the warning sign. I rode the length of Willeri Dve at well over the limit, thinking it has always been 70, no worries. No cops, luckily.

I still reckon there is no valid reason to lower this limit. First reaction to safety issues (as outlined by Jasminee above) always seems to be "lower the speed limit!".

Comment

Originally posted by BlueyM View Post

I still reckon there is no valid reason to lower this limit. First reaction to safety issues (as outlined by Jasminee above) always seems to be "lower the speed limit!".
                              You missed an 'e'

Comment

Working...
                              X