X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallen soldiers

You are signer #269

signed #287
    "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." ~ Muhammad Ali

Comment

Done. #292
      aka Matt
      RB 2 11

Comment

Done - #293

Comment

Fallen soldiers

Honour our fallen SASR soldiers Petition

This is a special irony and goes to what is termed "military Bullshit"

These special soldiers have volunteered and ultimately paid the supreme sacriface for their country....

Their widows and children who are all very proud as Australians and Western Australians and as such borders of State have not even entered their thoughts have to suffer the indignity of their fathers name not "permitted" to be on the states memorial to passed soldiers...These soldiers have only one base in Australia to carry out their special service and especially the children that are born here dont even get the dignity to see their fathers honored here.

I would ask all to sign the petiton to change this protocol
          A site all parents should check regulary
          http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Signed Taz. These guys are some of the greatest heros our country has produced, but no-one will ever know.
            Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
            For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Comment

There are reasons why these people are not recognized straight away. . .if at all in the public eye, it's just the nature of there job, I'm sure you would understand if you were in some sort of intel/gov job that required you to do things that no one knew about that they would have to keep that confidential for an 'X' amount of years.

At least that's what i understand, correct me if I'm wrong or just totally off topic.
              Women are like parking spaces. All the good ones are taken and all that's left are handicapped.

Comment

It's disappointing that a reason is because the conflict hasn't yet ended. Seems very wrong, especially in times of non-conventional conflict, where winning and losing is less clear cut. We will be in Afghanistan for many years to come, why not allow those who have already lost a chance to mourn/commemorate their fallen soldiers contribution to the Western Australian community they become a part of.

Signed.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
                  There are reasons why these people are not recognized straight away.
                  They are recognised almost straight away. When a soldier is killed the name is not released publicly until the family has been contacted. The identity of special forces soldiers is kept underwraps while they are serving in order to ensure operational security.
                  The point of this petition is to have their names on the West Australian state memorial, it's not to do with the releasing of their identity. As far as i'm aware, every soldier that is killed, regardless of specific occupation has their name announced to the public, in due course.

Comment

Signed.
                    http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

Signed, I would hope the national RSL would have stepped in by now to sort this out.
                      Originally posted by Abuse this
                      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

It is pretty clear that the WA State War Memorial is dedicated to those that were born or enlisted in WA.

I am sure that those who have lost their lives that fit the criteria have been honoured accordingly.

Living here, even for almost a lifetime, does not make one a Western Australian. By the way I am not a Western Australian by birth but have resided here for 31 years, I would not qualify to have my name on the state memorial by birth however I enlisted in WA therefore I would qualify. Pretty simple really.

I fully understand the anguish felt by the family members but should criteria be amended to suit them, in my opinion not.

These men are commemorated at the Australian War Memorial and can be commemorated at a fitting memorial at their place of birth or enlistment.

We must remember their names will live on in WA forever more as they are commemorated on The Rock at Campbell Barracks, so suggesting their children have nowhere to mourn their father’s draws a low bow.

” Young Diggers and the SAS Association believe the RSL's decision is a 'cop out' “ if this is such a cop out why is the Association not beating down the doors of the RSL to have the Regiments Borneo & Vietnam fallen added to the memorial?
                        Last edited by kapyong; 04-05-2011, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by huggy View Post
                          They are recognised almost straight away. When a soldier is killed the name is not released publicly until the family has been contacted. The identity of special forces soldiers is kept underwraps while they are serving in order to ensure operational security.
                          Thanks, it makes more sense to me now.

Signed.
                          Women are like parking spaces. All the good ones are taken and all that's left are handicapped.

Comment

Signed Taz.
                            07 MV F41000R
                            09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
                            07 CBR 600RR trackbike
                            sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

signed
                              "Son, could you please remove my MAD sig?"

Sure mum, here you go....

Comment

Working...