X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Rider Down Friday Night 7.11.03

Fark it's happened again

Just heard a snippet on the radio saying that a bike rider died
    last night on Toodjay Rd after loosing control..(30 something I think)

Don't know anymore at the mo but I'm sure it will on the news again.

Anyone know anymore please post.

What the fuck is going on here. To many of us are falling off, and some riders have expired (died)! :cry:

Is it the fact that the weather has become fine and warm, and the part time rider has pulled his bike out of the shed for the first time in 5 to 6 months, given it a wash and polish and decided to go for a quick fang!!!!
    Has taken the bike for ride on his favourite road, unknown to him its had road works, covered in shit, OR he is trying to ride the bike as quick and hard as last ride!
    If there is no second party involved in the miss hap, you wonder if the above statement comes into play :idea:

Comment

You're more than likely right on the money Calvin.

:?

Comment

You're more than likely right on the money Calvin.

:?
        It's still a worry we can see it, why can't they?

Comment

id say uve hit the coffin nail right on the head bro....

warmeer weather part time riders out for a fang... it would seem that way cause if they were regular riders we'd know who they were.

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Just to eager to go fast, and there is a good chance we would know them if they were regular riders.

Comment

I think you are right there Calvin. But I believe alot of crashes are caused by people trying to replicate stunts from videos and sites like these.

Comment

Damn this is prob the worst season start in my memory!

I know there are quite a few part time riders out now, wearing absolutely no gear, trying to show off, or over confident not giving their bikes the required respect
                Will you insure me?!

Comment

mmmm not good at all but some people won't learn and when they do they dont survive.... damn shame.

really gotta take care out there guys stay safe .....
                  Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                  Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

It doesnt matter how good of a rider you are or how much armor you have on... its like a lottery. Every time you go out on the road you risk being killed. When your numbers up your dead.

Comment

That's a pretty poor way to look at it Shox. If you are going to compare riding to a lottery than at least wearing the right gear stacks the odds a bit in your favour.

Sure you can still die, but you can die from anything. If you are going out to ride hard, gear up and look after yourself.

At least then if you do come off you have every chance of making it out alive.

Comment

That's a pretty poor way to look at it Shox. If you are going to compare riding to a lottery than at least wearing the right gear stacks the odds a bit in your favour.

Sure you can still die, but you can die from anything. If you are going out to ride hard, gear up and look after yourself.

At least then if you do come off you have every chance of making it out alive.
                        yeah man i agree... wearing the right gear changes in comparison to buying 1000 lotto tickets as opposed to 1.... prolly cost about the same too

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

The right gear may give you a better chance one you hit the black-cheesegrater, but I find on a 36 degree day in full gear, I can't get my mind off the fact my love-spuds are marrinating in an a quart of sweat, my eyebrows are water-logged and if I move my shoulders back, a river of sweat streams along my spine, down my jeans and into my arse-crack.

I know I'll receive endless shit about being irresponsible, but I'll often forgo battle-armour for shorts and shirt in summer (always with gloves though). The comfort provided by the good ventilation and the fact that your are basically as good as naked when it comes to coming off provides you with a) ability to concentrate on what's happening instead of the aforementioned testical caaserole a sense of your own vulnerability and mortality thereby giving you a bloody good incentive not to come off. Downside is the weirdest fucking tan by the end of summer.

Different strokes though.

Comment

Marc Bates RIP, a friend of mine (check the older posts in News Flash), wore all the gear all the time, and was a good safe (albeit fast) rider.

He died instantly when a car pulled out infront of him when he was riding a bit of road he knows well.

You're STUPID if you think you're the only one who can contribute to a crash, and STUPID if you think you can avoid every idiot every time.

Sore point with me at the moment.

Still remember you Marc, RIP buddy...

Comment

We could all sit here and nitpick the hell out of whom is responsible for what, what actions exasperated or may have mitigated, what could have or should have happened. But at the end of the day, it comes down to "Shit happens". Sure, if you're travelling slower, you may have had time to take evasive action, but hell if you were going 30 clicks faster, you would've been a mile away from the car or offending vehicle/pedestrian/ lunatic-religous-harbinger-of-the-apocalypse (Common breed of street urchin found in freo on friday night).

We all know the risks we take when riding, and if you don't get the hell off the road. I know many of you here, like myself, glady take the risk because riding is what you love.

On foot, on two wheels or four, it doesn't mater - there's always somebody out there not paying attention or unhinged enough to really ruin your day. The roads are simply russian-roulette with a million chambered revolver. Play long enough and eventually - BANG.

"On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Comment

Working...
                              X