• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed ki...SAVES lives. Another news article (may have been

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/news/blanks...ory.asp?ID=5511
    Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still

Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still

Whoever is filthy... let him be filthy still

Don't worry - this is just an isolated incident...

The Government won't let it affect policy... :roll:
    Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

yeah the government would have to loose a lot more revenue before they closed any loop holes .. i mean change any policies ..
      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Of course, but it's now on paper.

In fact, I've used that exact excuse before ... It was even a Ute that pulled out on me that I gunned it around as he rolled the tray out onto the road.
        Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still

Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still

Whoever is filthy... let him be filthy still

Comment

Nice work,

Great to see some common sence (not so common any more) and a win for a fellow biker.

Comment

but...

If EVERY SINGLE PERSON that received a multanova infringement pleaded not guilty...imagine what would happen.

Courts would be backlogged 10 years, the police department's camera section would collapse under the paperwork, the government would have to step in and do something.

It's the only solution...and what's more...IT'S YOUR RIGHT.

Comment

Quite right. I have taken quite a few traffic infringements to court over the years and (touch wood) I have never come off worse than if I had just paid the fine - and some of the times I have come off a lot better including saving my licence.

Here are examples:

1) Overtaking on the verge - got let off with no fine or costs.

2) Not stopping at a stop sign - got let off with no fine or costs.

3) Speeding 77 in a 60 zone - got the penalty reduced to 70 in a 60 zone and due to getting only 1 point instead of 3 - saved my licence.

4) Running a red light - due to mitigating circumstances saved my licence

5) 106kmh in an 80 zone on the Mitchell Freeway - due to mitigating circumstances saved my licence.

I encourage everbody to go to court if you believe you have a good argument in your defence.

If you don't, don't bother as it could end up worse for you. I have a friend who in view of my small successes went to court armed with only the argument that he wanted to mitigate the penalty. The magistrate was not impressed and doubled his fine plus charged him court costs for wasting the court's time.
              "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

Working...
              X