Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't be worse than leading a "team" of real people.
    -

Comment

Definitely worse, people are generally not so tough when they come out from behind their keyboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Brendon View Post
        escalate to what.. calling you an fuckhead + 1 times infinity? this is still the internet right, or maybe I've missed something and we've managed to jack in?
        Maybe I seriously missing something, but there was fuck all moderation years ago.. and the grand plan to get back to this past is to use moderation? And as whoever it was.. lefty? a cam? said, what point in time are you picking?
        Escalate into "yo mumma's fat" and stuff...

There was always moderation dude and the use of it has ebbed and flowed with how the users were acting...

I admit there have been decent spans of time in the past where we as moderators just sat back and twiddled our thumbs because you guys, the users, were either self moderating or were taking happy pills or something and were actually getting along...

Sometimes these quiet periods actually followed periods of heavy moderation...

I'll have a look to see if I can come up with any periods this happened and maybe why...

Comment

Definitely worse, people are generally not so tough when they come out from behind their keyboards
          You must not have had to sit on a sexual harassment or workplace bullying tribunal.
          Last edited by agrid; 11-02-2013, 10:36 PM.
          -

Comment

i wasnt actually referring to any specific time period, rather:

Originally posted by rich
            I admit there have been decent spans of time in the past where we as moderators just sat back and twiddled our thumbs because you guys, the users, were either self moderating or were taking happy pills or something and were actually getting along...

Comment

2009-2011 was the pinnacle of PSB wit and charm.
              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                2009-2011 was the pinnacle of PSB wit and charm.
                Joined Jan 2012, cheers for that.
                It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
                  Have you any idea of the quantity of drugs consumed on here on a nightly basis already?
                  Fixed.
                  It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Re: Moderation

Whilst infuriating at time and completely mind blowing at others, some of the racial discussions have been really interesting. It would be a shame for the whole threads to get cut. I realise this probably wont be the intention, but it can easily happen.

Lets hope it doesnt stifle a good old heated debate.

Comment

Originally posted by T.G View Post
                      "Guys, gals and [MENTION=7104]Desmo[/MENTION] "

Doesn't singling out one member in this context in front of thousands of members constitute as bullying itself?

Does this suggest we are to disregard this whole oxymoron of a post, or in fact give [MENTION=5151]Brougham[/MENTION] the first 24 hour ban to get the ball rolling?
                      Or if you're new, or you don't read enough of his posts to understand the in joke, does this seem like just another in joke?
                      Was it meant to soften the blow?

If you're going to go all out and moderate the forum, make it a sticky and put it at the top of each page, why single out one person? It devalues your intent. Nobody will take it seriously because we all know in a couple of weeks, you'll show leniency to the people here who made and make the forum what it is.

Treat everyone equally, not with token gestures.

Comment

geez people, let it go. it was a joke, it was only there for an hour before we editted it out.
                        move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Brougham View Post
                          geez people, let it go. it was a joke, it was only there for an hour before we banned him anyway.
                          move on.
                          yes/no???
                          Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                          One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                          . .

Comment

This isn't directed at any one person, it's only in response to opinion I've seen expressed many times.

PSB is a social structure, creating a name and a password doesn't entitle you to equal say. If I'm out with a group of my long term friends and some bloke walks up to try and start something with one of us, do you think I'd be saying to my friends "hey guys, it's okay because he's a person too and his opinion is valid"? Fuck no. And if I want to call one of my mates a princess because he's being soft, I will. If some random wants to have a go at me for calling him names I'd expect all of my group to tell him where to go, then address me privately later on if they didn't agree with my actions.

There are other forums created by people who couldn't fit in to PSB. They're boring, safe forums, I visited and left quickly because they were too touchy-feely and contrived. I like a place where people can say "cunt" in a way that's not abusive and get away with it.

Deleting the thread for sick jokes was a 2012 decision, not the only PC step I saw implemented. Don't let PSB become a homogenous product for all to safely enjoy.
                            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

"Back to the way it was"

Pretty sure that time had a cathartic posting and expulsion thread.
                              Originally posted by Ferris
                              I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

FFS.....

shuts door...

walks away....

Finds some really cool stuff in other parts of the PSB forum...
                                Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Working...
                                X