Rider down - Maylands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider down - Maylands

Drove past rider down Guildford Road and Seventh Ave intersection about forty minutes ago or so. Bike across road facing into oncoming traffic (Harley I think, black/brown tank, rider on side of road/grassed shoulder being assisted, thankfully wearing gear). Looked like 2 cars involved (Green Commodore w/smashed up bonnet and I think a Lancer on the corner sitting over the give way sign). Couldn't tell what had happened and the rider looked in a lot of pain. Heal up fast!
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Rider down - Maylands

That intersection is like playing Russian Roulette at this time of day. Heal up quickly rider
    Rest in Peace
    Brother Ryad

Comment

Hope rider is ok.

Courtesy of Mainroads;

CAR VS MOTORBIKE CRASH – GUILDFORD ROAD AND SEVENTH AVENUE, MAYLANDS

As a result Guildford Road has been reduced to one lane.

Emergency Services are on site.

Motorists are advised to avoid the area where possible.

Comment

Know the intersection well.. Hope the rider is OK!

Comment

Originally posted by Sauer View Post
          Drove past rider down Guildford Road and Seventh Ave intersection about forty minutes ago or so. Bike across road facing into oncoming traffic (Harley I think, black/brown tank, rider on side of road/grassed shoulder being assisted, thankfully wearing gear). Looked like 2 cars involved (Green Commodore w/smashed up bonnet and I think a Lancer on the corner sitting over the give way sign). Couldn't tell what had happened and the rider looked in a lot of pain. Heal up fast!
          Hi thanks Sauer for the RD.

I haven't posted here in awhile, but that was me on a Black and Gold Moto Guzzi. A night in RPH and home just cuts and bruises nothing broken. You have to just roll with it, so they say.

It was an Accord that shot through the stop sign. Like irdizzle says its is a shocker there at Seventh Ave and Guildford Road ever week I see some fool in a car doing something at that intersection to beat the traffic coming of Eighth Ave traffic lights.
          irdizzle

Rider down - Maylands
          That intersection is like playing Russian Roulette at this time of day. Heal up quickly rider

Hi to Joe and the Guys.
          and you to Azzal

McFly (Jason)
          Mr. T is one part gold, two parts muscle, one part anger, and no parts jibba jabba.

One of these day's Alice, one of these day's ...POW, right in the kisser!

sigpic

Comment

Glad your still around to tell the story...
            Farrider #41
            I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings,
            I'm a drunk, I go to parties.

Comment

Glad you could post.
              All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
              #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
              Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Originally posted by McFly View Post
                Hi thanks Sauer for the RD.

I haven't posted here in awhile, but that was me on a Black and Gold Moto Guzzi. A night in RPH and home just cuts and bruises nothing broken. You have to just roll with it, so they say.

It was an Accord that shot through the stop sign. Like irdizzle says its is a shocker there at Seventh Ave and Guildford Road ever week I see some fool in a car doing something at that intersection to beat the traffic coming of Eighth Ave traffic lights.

Hi to Joe and the Guys.
                and you to Azzal

McFly (Jason)
                Glad to hear you're OK and on the mend. Hopefully your bike's not too banged up either. Sorry for calling it a Harley
                __________________________________________________ ____________
                "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

Glad you're up and about. That intersection is nuts. It's even worse when you're behind a timid driver who waits 20 mins for a gap!
                  Originally posted by vk6hgr
                  My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Rider down - Maylands

Hope the cali is a write off Jason so you can buy a proper bike.

Like my spare ducati which could be for sale. With a discount for you considering your fortuitous loss.
                    Hey there, Hey fella.

Comment

Originally posted by Daise View Post
                      Glad you're up and about. That intersection is nuts. It's even worse when you're behind a timid driver who waits 20 mins for a gap!
                      I am perfectly happy with drivers who want to wait for a safe gap that they feel comfortable entering into it. It is the other type of driver you should worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by OzStriker_ View Post
                        I am perfectly happy with drivers who want to wait for a safe gap that they feel comfortable entering into it. It is the other type of driver you should worry about.
                        Trouble is it causes other drivers to get impatient when people take excessive amounts of time which then causes accidents
                        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                        Originally posted by Phildo
                        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                        Originally posted by filbert
                        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
                        X