Rider down...but fine.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider down...but fine.

[MENTION=35338]Tonya[/MENTION] glad you're ok kid...my heart was in my mouth when i came back to find you picking your bike up.
    Looking forward to the "Parts Required" thread.
    :wub
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Update for those playing at home.

We took our eldest for a blat through the hills around Brigadoon.
    Someone got a little too confident, quick and complacent...target fixation and a tap of front brake did the rest.
    Slight grazing on the Across and some bruising on the rider. Safety gear did its job despite the riders best effort to chew tarmac through the visor. Lol
    From the post mortem it looks like the bike pancaked through the air, off the curb, as she dismounted.
    Last edited by =Maz=; 06-04-2013, 10:21 PM.

Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Damn glad she's alright Maz.. Can't be fun having to turn around and see your daughters bike on it's side!

Take it easy [MENTION=35338]Tonya[/MENTION], heal quick

Comment

Cheers...no, it wasn't a good feeling.
        I imagine it was worse for her mum who was behind [MENTION=35338]Tonya[/MENTION] but not close enough to see the incident.
        Just makes me glad we pushed for full gear. Her TCX boots saved her ankle with scuffing right over both, inside and outside, Ankle-bones of her right foot. Jacket looks like her right shoulder took a good knock...but she's a true biker. Got back on after we tested it and limped it home.

Comment

Glad she's OK, my daughter is having lessons at the moment and guess who is shitting himself?

Hypocrite much?

Comment

Oh yeah.. So uhh, what's her username??

Comment

Originally posted by Manyak View Post
              Oh yeah.. So uhh, what's her username??
              [MENTION=32198]Sookie[/MENTION].

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mazimbwe View Post

Someone got a little too confident, quick and complacent...target fixation and a tap of front brake did the rest.
                  Slight grazing on the Across and some bruising on the rider. Safety gear did its job despite the riders best effort to chew tarmac through the visor. Lol
                  From the post mortem it looks like the bike pancaked through the air, off the curb, as she dismounted.

Haha. I'm all good. Just a bit sore (and same goes for my bike). Lesson well learnt with no serious consequence (The best kind of lesson)
                  Let's fix her up already and get back out there (just maybe a bit slower through the 'slow-points' this time)

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mazimbwe View Post

Haha. I'm all good. Just a bit sore (and same goes for my bike). Lesson well learnt with no serious consequence (The best kind of lesson)
                  Let's fix her up already and get back out there (just maybe a bit slower through the 'slow-points' this time)

Comment

^^^
                    Might be an idea to get the double vision checked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
                      ^^^
                      Might be an idea to get the double vision checked out.
                      Hmm...I'll get the Dr to check that while he examines her for the concussion.
                      ED on Sunday's is no fun.

Comment

Glad to hear it's nothing major.
                        Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Oh no, not my old Across! I hope she (and your daughter ) are fine!

Comment

Thanks for the kind thoughts.
                            Most of have been there...thankfully it's just rest and recover rather than surgery & repair. No titanium club membership this time

Comment

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
                              Glad she's OK, my daughter is having lessons at the moment and guess who is shitting himself?

Hypocrite much?
                              My wife's getting back into the saddle after a 15 year beak as a back warmer, and my 16 year old wants to ride too so I hear you!!

Glad everyone is OK guys and girls.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X