Rolf Harris

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolf Harris

It sure says something about the shock & disbelief of Rolf's arrest that the entire Aussie media took weeks to publish the event. Anyone else and they would have been all over it.

So sad that perhaps the most iconic Australian of all time is charged with kiddy fiddling. We all thought that Rolf represented all that was good about Aussies, instead it looks like it's all that's evil in humans...

*sigh* What is the world coming to? Who's next? Skippy? B1 & B2?

You were us Rolf. We all identified with you and we were proud that the rest of the world did too...

This is totally fucked.
    Last edited by truewheel; 20-04-2013, 06:56 AM.
    It didn't look that far on the map...

Has he actually been charged? The articles I've read state he's been taken into custody but no mention of an official charge.

Comment

from what i gathered from the news last night, he'd been questioned, not charged
      "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

No, he hasn't been charged. He was arrested for questioning. FWIW, my family on both sides know him very well. My mother went to school with him, as did my father-in-law, and they stay in regular contact. While it's not the sort of thing you'd tell people, they don't believe that he would be capable of anything like that.
        "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

It was very evident that it was Rolf back in Nov and Mar, it was easy enough to join the dots and he has not been charged with anything at all. So be careful using the term kiddy fiddler and his name in the same sentence.

This has come about from a wider investigation of all and any allegations stemming from, but not related to, the Saville investigation however mainly concentrating on those that had an association with the BBC.

Rolf is not the only personality that has been accused and investigated, there are a growing number of UK entertainers in a similar boat who are professing their innocence over all and any allegations. I would not be surprised if there are ramifications for Scotland Yard at the end of this witch hunt as many see this overzealous farce as an embarrassment and abuse of power. I am not referring only to those under investigation!

Use Google and you will see that many people are totally and understandably pissed off with the investigations and not only those accused.

I am disappointed in what has occurred thus far, not only for Rolf but the many others that have been tarred with the Saville brush.

Oh No, not Basil Brush as well!
          Last edited by kapyong; 20-04-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

The trouble is, some mud always sticks, regardless of guilt or innocence. Sad but true.
            “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

The British Media were not publishing his name previously, although it was the worlds worst kept secret who it was. Trust The Sun to be the one that does it. I really don't think the media should be able to name names or release details until after a conviction, the people that need to know what is going on can be kept informed by the CPS and Police.

Comment

I really hope all these allegations are completely baseless. But if not, well no one is above the law and he should receive the same punishment as any random.

Its weird, here I am an adult, yet I felt like I'd lost some innocence when I heard the news. I only found out through Last weeks Media Watch, who were arguing the case re media blackout or not. Even they only described an 'elderly internationally famous children's entertainer'.

I was like, WTF it can't be Rolf. Though to be fair, I'm not going to prejudge anything until the investigation plays out.
                It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

personally I'd rather spend my sympathy on the victims, rather than the accused (be they charged/convicted or not)
                  For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                  For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I'm Jake the Peg
                    Do you want to play with my middle diddle

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
                      No, he hasn't been charged. He was arrested for questioning. FWIW, my family on both sides know him very well. My mother went to school with him, as did my father-in-law, and they stay in regular contact. While it's not the sort of thing you'd tell people, they don't believe that he would be capable of anything like that.
                      Hey John. He was a friend of my mums family as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                        personally I'd rather spend my sympathy on the victims, rather than the accused (be they charged/convicted or not)

even if they're completely innocent? and have they're whole lives ruined cos someone erroneously pointed the finger at them?
                        "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Who next? The Goodies?
                          Originally posted by Abuse this
                          Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Not enough facts to comment on .

Comment

We don't even know if there is a victim making an accusation. He has not yet been charged, let alone convicted.
                              Operation Yewtree seems to be questioning/arresting a lot of people, maybe the cops are trying to make up for years of looking the other way.

Comment

Working...
                              X