This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash caught on cam

Crashed my bike today. Complete squid mistake yes I know.

Heres the vid, for everyone to have a lol at and maybe learn (!) a thing or two about entering roundabouts on motorcycles...

Motorbike Crash at Roundabout - YouTube
    Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head. [Warren Buffett]

Nice step off...

I give it an 8...

Comment

Why wouldn't you just keep this to yourself? Don't get me wrong, it's funny...but at your expense. Did those cars really just keep on driving? Wankers.

Comment

Ouch, very effective way to stop a motorcycle. Good news you're not hurt but do you really think thats only $1000 damage? I'd be thinking you wrote that frame off.

Comment

I blame the ride leader for this one!

Lucky to not have been too badly hurt mate. All the best with the insurance claim/fixing it up

Comment

Dude , fuck.
            well you know there are things to learn , glad your ok .
            Insured I hope .
            REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
            (anarchy in english )

Comment

Lucky there mate. I'd be thinking more expensive too.

Comment

Oh Mr Hart, what a mess.
                -

Comment

Originally posted by Mario64 View Post
                  maybe learn (!) a thing or two about entering roundabouts on motorcycles...
                  they are round and require turning?

Comment

Hows your nuts?

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
                      Why wouldn't you just keep this to yourself? Don't get me wrong, it's funny...but at your expense. Did those cars really just keep on driving? Wankers.
                      Well, motorcyclists enter roundabouts quite often either a) too quickly and/or b) cut thru them.

Simply because you dont have to make the circle as in a car...

I did that all the time and I see other riders doing it all the time too. It might raise a bit of awareness to those riders doing it and might potentially prevent one of these accidents. Save a life? Save someone a shitload of money?

Thats why.
                      Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head. [Warren Buffett]

Comment

Originally posted by Johnno View Post
                        Ouch, very effective way to stop a motorcycle. Good news you're not hurt but do you really think thats only $1000 damage? I'd be thinking you wrote that frame off.
                        Yea well just dropped her off at the mech. Thats what he estimated. Will get a more detailed quote tomoro, but it was driving surprisingly well when I babied it to the mech down the road... Steering completely fine. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Well, motorcyclists enter roundabouts quite often either a) too quickly and/or b) cut thru them.
                          Don't always have to do what the other kids are doing... I think we're starting to learn this.

To play devils advocate; is your third party property insurance taking care of the damage to that post? If not, then it may not be wise to have the video up online if you've just bowled it over and left the scene.

Comment

I did that all the time and I see other riders doing it all the time too. It might raise a bit of awareness to those riders doing it and might potentially prevent one of these accidents. Save a life? Save someone a shitload of money?

Thats why.
                            The only thing people will learn from this video is that the best place to ride is a safe distance behind you with their Gopro rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Huggy View Post
                              Don't always have to do what the other kids are doing... I think we're starting to learn this.

To play devils advocate; is your third party property insurance taking care of the damage to that post? If not, then it may not be wise to have the video up online if you've just bowled it over and left the scene.
                              nah, talked to the coppers on scene (patrol car happened to stop by and help me out. top blokes). he said not to worry about it. the council will fix it... sry guys for wasting ur taxpayers money

Comment

Working...
                              X