Importing seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing seeds

Buying seeds through the post will cost more - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Gardening is way down on my list of interests, but this decision is just plain idiotic.
    -

Just import the seeds, inserted into pen barrels, from Amsterdam. Oops, probably not the type of seeds most gardeners would be after

Comment

Gonna get my sister in Sydney to send 10 envelopes of seeds to my managers house

Comment

Originally posted by Manyak View Post
        Gonna get my sister in Sydney to send 10 envelopes of seeds to my managers house
        Make sure she doesn't include a return address.
        -

Comment

Lucky me.
          I just bought all the chilli seeds I'll ever need via eBay from Queensland.

Comment

Originally posted by Spina View Post
            Just import the seeds, inserted into pen barrels, from Amsterdam. Oops, probably not the type of seeds most gardeners would be after
            Really, in a pen...

I've seen them in a book with pages cut out...

Comment

The department's spokesman Greg Pickles says quarantine officers will inspect parcels for contamination and send the recipient an invoice.
              So they actually let the seeds through then send you an invoice? What happens if you then say "nah fuck it, $56 for $5 worth of seeds is stupid and decide not to pay it? Do they then come around to retrieve the seeds? Either that or they end up with a lot of seeds sitting around to dispose of Because I can see a lot of businesses wont bother telling the person buying the seeds about it :o
              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
              Originally posted by Phildo
              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
              Originally posted by filbert
              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Now you need to decide whether to traffic smack or seeds over the border in the Kombi...
                Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Yeah, but if they went around telling everyone of the coming change people would have bought up big before the effective date & just imagine how much hard-earned revenue the government would have missed out on. Typical bunch of wankers that they are.

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Comment

Originally posted by Spina View Post
                    That implies you thought about it, that is smuggling
                    Better just drop them in your bag loose, that is an accident. Count then in , count then out.

OP. that is truly fucked
                    will this be the same for bulbs I wonder, It might be thought of as a bit gay but I like flowers (there , I said it )
                    This is a idiotic rule IMO.
                    We have done very well thus far with out this rule / tax
                    why the big change ?
                    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                    (anarchy in english )

Comment

This sounds like a business opportunity.

If you can get accreditation for your own quarantine procedures then you can charge half as much as customs for your shrink wrap and sticker and they'll go straight through.

After a while the word will get out that every import to WA needs to go through your business to save money.
                      This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
                        That implies you thought about it, that is smuggling
                        Better just drop them in your bag loose, that is an accident. Count then in , count then out.

OP. that is truly fucked
                        will this be the same for bulbs I wonder, It might be thought of as a bit gay but I like flowers (there , I said it )
                        This is a idiotic rule IMO.
                        We have done very well thus far with out this rule / tax
                        why the big change ?
                        Doesnt imply anything, I saw this about 15 yrs ago in a news article. The govt was letting the public know that they had discovered this scam.

So is this the federal govt doing what it does best, and what exactly the benefit of this charge and what are the risks of unmonitored seeds that warrant the policy to start with? How much revenue would it generate?

Looks like anything the govt can cook up for loss of royalities is getting hit. When will it end?

Comment

More embarrassing is that it's the state Government. The risk of something bad coming in is relatively high, that's why we rely on public goodwill to a large extent. That goodwill is about to disappear.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                            More embarrassing is that it's the state Government. The risk of something bad coming in is relatively high, that's why we rely on public goodwill to a large extent. That goodwill is about to disappear.
                            That is a faire point
                            Most of us do the right thing
                            But if it costs a small fortune , well . Many will sneek a few seeds here or there, after all .
                            What harm could it do.
                            Yes we all know the answer to that , but thats the way it will go no doubt.

EDIT =we by from reputable stockists ( at least i belie we do here )
                            REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                            (anarchy in english )

Comment

Just re-read the article.

So the Ag Dept. will be policing [read 'monitoring' ] this thing will it?

If they have the same number of personelle and funding as they do now , then this is a class A waste of time..

Will need the cops to tailgate groups of pensioners in caravan convoys around the country like they do with the bikies.
                              Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X