STOLEN - Honda CRF250L - Rockingham Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOLEN - Honda CRF250L - Rockingham Area

I had my bike stolen from my driveway (Safety Bay) this morning.
    I took it out of the garage at 5.40am, locked it in the driveway and went inside to get my gear and finish my coffee.
    I came out at 6am and it was GONE...

Sorry for your loss...nearly everytime I come on here there is a report of a stolen bike...a lot from around Rockingham/Mandurah areas... what are the cops doing about what appears to be an epidemic...or has it become so common place as to not raise an eyebrow?
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Oh gosh thats scary! Can't even leave your bike on your own driveway for 20 mins these days! Sorry to hear though, hope they catch the bastards!

Comment

:o Holy crap, sorry to hear mate. I better rethink my routine as I pretty much do the same.....wheel bike out, go inside to get ready then head back out.
        Will certainly keep an eye out for you.
        "Farewell, shitty day, don't forget to fuck thyself on the way out"

Comment

Originally posted by waikiki View Post
          :o Holy crap, sorry to hear mate. I better rethink my routine as I pretty much do the same.....wheel bike out, go inside to get ready then head back out.
          Will certainly keep an eye out for you.
          That's the problem - put the bike out where someone can see it and someone who sees it will want to steal it.

Avoid putting the bike on display.
          One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
            Sorry for your loss...nearly everytime I come on here there is a report of a stolen bike...a lot from around Rockingham/Mandurah areas... what are the cops doing about what appears to be an epidemic...or has it become so common place as to not raise an eyebrow?
            Absolutely nothing. When my bike was stolen (Mandurah) all they did was file it as such over the phone, nothing further, didn't even bother coming to the house.

Comment

Rockingham, Mandurah, Medina?

So many bikes stolen in a 20 klm radius and nothing seems to be done?

Could be worth the cops sitting at Border Village and checking all the trucks heading over East. Not hard work and you can eat doughnuts all day , plus the added advantage of the nabbing of a professional ring of bike boosters to your CV.

Win.
              Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Noctu View Post
                Absolutely nothing. When my bike was stolen (Mandurah) all they did was file it as such over the phone, nothing further, didn't even bother coming to the house.
                How would coming to your house have helped? Was there some forensic evidence that didn't get collected or something? Granted it sounds like it would have made you feel like it was taken seriously, but what real difference would have been made?

it sucks that so many bikes are stolen and I really feel for the OP and anyone who has had theirs taken but I think the problem goes a bit deeper than 'the cops don't do anything'.

Hope you get your bike back soon mate, or that you have no hassles with insurance if it goes that way.
                Originally posted by mekon
                Why are pirates called pirates?
                Because they Arrrrrr

Comment

That sucks Hope you get it back unmolested. I'm very nervous about leaving my bike visible at home, justifiably it seems. I'll keep an eye out for it on my travels.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeL View Post
                    How would coming to your house have helped? Was there some forensic evidence that didn't get collected or something? Granted it sounds like it would have made you feel like it was taken seriously, but what real difference would have been made?.
                    There were shoe prints, sure that wouldn't have helped in an isolated case like this, but the combination of evidence with other cases may point them in the right direction. There could of been more evidence, I don't know, but more importantly the chance is gone and now they don't know. When reporting it all they wanted was the rego number and vin number to record, they didn't care about anything else and did not ask any questions. The sad fact of the matter is that they really do not care at all.

Comment

it sucks that so many bikes are stolen and I really feel for the OP and anyone who has had theirs taken but I think the problem goes a bit deeper than 'the cops don't do anything'.

Yes it goes as far as a hard luck story spun by a slimy lawyer whos in it just for the money to a judge who lives in an ivory tower and is reported by a couldnt give a fuck media to a lethargic public who are annoyed as big brother should have started by now.
                      Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

The pictures are way too big, I can only see the very front of the bike, any distinquishing features?

Comment

License Plate Number 1FY-177, other than that, it doesn't really have many distinguishing marks.

Is it considered bad form to start looking at a new bike already?

Comment

Originally posted by Vermithrax View Post
                            License Plate Number 1FY-177, other than that, it doesn't really have many distinguishing marks.

Is it considered bad form to start looking at a new bike already?
                            Definately not go for it, doubt you'll get it back and if you do the codition might mean it's a write off anyway

My trouble would be what to replace a bike with, not much out there that I'm keen on atm

Comment

The missus wants us to go have a look at the ninja 650l this afternoon...

As she puts it, I need wheels, and she would rather I have a shiny new bike than a clapped-out, second-hand, rocko-bomb car (She is learning quickly that bikes are a leetle bit cheaper lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X