Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And you thought we had some bad ones here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you thought we had some bad ones here.

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

POLICE have denied that they issued a warning to a Catherine Hill Bay publican who shouted beers for off-duty Rural Fire Service volunteers as a way of saying thank you for saving his pub.Catho Pub publican Dean Beevor told The Daily Telegraph yesterday that a licensing officer had visited his premises to warn him that the act of serving free alcohol was in contravension of responsible service of alcohol laws.
    On Saturday, Dean Beevor offered free beer and bacon and egg rolls to hero firies who saved the historic Catho Pub and surrounding village of Catherine Hill Bay from the raging Central Coast blaze that destroyed three homes.
    Looks like the tool did it off his own bat.

Hope they ream him.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Sarcasm? You don't actually think the pub owner did anything wrong do you?

Comment

Originally posted by scotch View Post
      Sarcasm? You don't actually think the pub owner did anything wrong do you?
      Think he meant the copper, not the bar owner?

Comment

Morally - No, what a great bloke and there should be more people like him

Legally - Yes, it is against the law.

You didn't actually expect the licensing officer to use his own brain and maybe just not visit that particular bar that day did you
        Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

what's the bet the "cop" got shitty cos he wasn't allowed free beer and bacon and rolls?
          "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Originally posted by chief wiggum View Post
            what's the bet the "cop" got shitty cos he wasn't allowed free beer and bacon and rolls?
            Why, cos he didn't want to eat his own kind
            Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

I did mean the copper to receive a ream, based on the response from the Police hierarchy that they did not order the action.

My immediate thought was, did the cop have nothing better to do with the whole state burning than to go and hassle a publican?

Priorities.
              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

some are so anal...what a wanker!...probably was gonna go and warn the Fire fighters for wasting water next
                Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Looks like a small coastal town, you know the sort where everybody knows everoyne.
                  Probably be in the news in a few days time that a single remaining ember burnt the local policemans house to the ground ...... the RFS were too busy to attend
                  It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
                  Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                    Looks like a small coastal town, you know the sort where everybody knows everoyne.
                    Probably be in the news in a few days time that a single remaining ember burnt the local policemans house to the ground ...... the RFS were too pissed to attend
                    Fixed!
                    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post

Priorities.
                      My understanding of police prosecution is that when prosecuting people, irrespective of whether the elements of the offence can be made out, police should only proceed if it is in the public interest to do so.

I'd say that this is primarily by convention, but it does seem to be the case. The police can bring the action against someone, but occasionally common sense prevails.

Have seen this happen where a guy did a runner from the police. He exceeded the speed limit by more than 45km/h in doing so. The police could have opted to charge him with the new offence which would have seen him receive a mandatory 6 month period of imprisonment.
                      Following negotiations between the accused's lawyer and police prosecution, the charge was downgraded due to 'not being in the public interest' to charge him with the much more severe offence.

I doubt the publican will be charged in this matter, but will be keeping their free shouts on the downlow next time...

Comment

Visited this pub about 40 years ago when I was surfing the east coast. We camped close by. Very small pub, in fact if they had a band on the customers had to go outside and they served you through the window. Copper used to live down the road and turn a blind-eye to after hours drinking provided the door was closed and the noise low. Obviously he was not related to the modern version cop mentioned above.

Great surf by the way.

I believe that the area has become quite popular and is fairly developed now. Might go back and have a look when on the grey nomad tour in the next couple of years.

Comment

Those firies are working long shifts, risking their own lives to protect others for no reward/pay other than the knowledge they have done all they could. These guys and gals deserve a goddam medal, let alone a free pint.

That cop deserves a huge kick in the arse, and I'd be the first to put my hand up to do so.
                          Originally posted by vk6hgr
                          My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

No freebies? Killjoy arseholes. Hang a sign up "5c pints for firies"

Comment

Originally posted by Sonik View Post
                              No freebies? Killjoy arseholes. Hang a sign up "5c pints for firies"
                              1c per glass, but it has to be rounded to the nearest 5c.
                              One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Working...
                              X