Calling [MENTION=8518]Viper[/MENTION]
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

They just announced they are getting rid of 600 staff/contractors

Comment

Worked with Westrac for 12 years, news release today there are 600 jobs on the chopping block. They are getting ready to offer up voluntary redundancies.
        Higher level of Living, Eastern Hills Area

Comment

i think its like anywhere the one who are still there will say its ok, the ones who have left either either quit or fired will tell you its crap. Having worked at Cat/Westrac and Komatsu i can tell you be prepared for ridiculous amounts of red tape to do even the smallest thing and absolutely no one accepting responsibility for anything.
          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
            i think its like anywhere the one who are still there will say its ok, the ones who have left either either quit or fired will tell you its crap. Having worked at Cat/Westrac and Komatsu i can tell you be prepared for ridiculous amounts of red tape to do even the smallest thing and absolutely no one accepting responsibility for anything.
            Thats exactly why I left Komatsu, both times

Haven't worked for Westrac, but from what I have heard their training is second to none. Then again working with a Cat workshop manual is heaven compared to trying to read Komatsu manuals!!
            Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

It's a place that you can really get lost in, when I left it was due to too many people taking the piss of the system and the work level ethic and level going up the shit.

Working for another company now, we are having serious issues with support and work from them.

Comment

400 from Guildford site has been announced.

Dubs

Comment

Originally posted by Turboknapp View Post
                  It's a place that you can really get lost in, when I left it was due to too many people taking the piss of the system and the work level ethic and level going up the shit.
                  This is what Komatsu was like, when i started it was super cruisey as long as the work was done none of the shiney shoes bothered you. Then people started taking the piss, sleeping during night shift, leaving an hour early, 2hr lunch breaks etc so soon the boss's started getting onto the supervisors who started getting onto the guys on the floor then more and more rules and regs were brought in and everyone was just like fuck this.
                  I heard same about Westrac in the paint shop, if it was quiet during night shift some guys would rock up to pre-start then go home for 10hrs then come back in just before end of shift and claim they had been there the whole time.
                  B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

[MENTION=5760]Sean'o[/MENTION] wrks there as well...
                    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Not sure what exactly it is you do [MENTION=6814]Dubs[/MENTION] but these types of places aint exactly a stable work environment at the moment. It seems to be the norm just now to quickly hire as many hands as possible while there is a job on then in 2 weeks when the job/order is finished everyone is tossed out.
                      B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Yeh was real bad, apprentices were the worst. At one stage there was a ratio of 3:1 with apps to tradies, apps would disappear for the day then bitch and moan they didn't learn anything. In saying that, actual HD mechs vs chainsaw and gopher mechs was pretty bad. They hired anyone who had a shifter.
                        Was at cloudbreak as a Customer Support Manager we were always getting 3rd and 4th years coming from Newman, alarm bells rang when they couldn't even do a valve set. Plus the nerve of charging full tradesman rates for it.

Comment

[MENTION=7082]Orson[/MENTION] could give you an idea as well.

I used to work for Terex/Bucyrus, which is now part of Westrac. I assume they are finally consolidating the two workforces into one and deleting a few of the duplicate positions (30 months after the merger).

Edit: [MENTION=14387]Mr_Mike[/MENTION] what did you do for Komatsu? I used to work parts/reman in Welshpool about 5 years ago. Were you around there/then?
                          Originally posted by Desmo
                          Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post

I used to work for Terex/Bucyrus, which is now part of Westrac. I assume they are finally consolidating the two workforces into one and deleting a few of the duplicate positions (30 months after the merger).
                            when were u at Terex/Bucyrus? i was there just as the last of the purple and white dumpies where getting painted and everything was becoming Cat white
                            B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post

Edit: [MENTION=14387]Mr_Mike[/MENTION] what did you do for Komatsu? I used to work parts/reman in Welshpool about 5 years ago. Were you around there/then?
                              I was there about 1.5 years ago for 18mths workin in the paintshop
                              B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Working...
                              X