Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perth City workers, check your bikes!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Perth City workers, check your bikes!

    G'day all,

    So the local Cunstable has gone around yellow stickering motorbikes parked in the city while people are at work.

    Unfortunately mine was one of them for a FE (what else?)

    Just a heads up, my best guess is they'll do the rounds again in another 2 weeks or so.
    Straight roads are for fast bikes - corners are for fast riders!

  • #2
    Good Grief! That's not fair, I like to argue!

    Reminds of the days when they would put reflector stickers on the bumpers of cars at the pub and then watch for them later that night.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DreamTheater View Post
      G'day all,

      So the local Cunstable has gone around yellow stickering motorbikes parked in the city while people are at work.

      Unfortunately mine was one of them for a FE (what else?)

      Just a heads up, my best guess is they'll do the rounds again in another 2 weeks or so.
      Really? thats a bit fuckin low!!!
      I know the whole if your bikes legal blah blah blah not have to worry, but really puttin stickers on bikes while they are in carparks.
      B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

      Comment


      • #4
        the free bike bays on mounts bay?
        or murray/william/etc?

        Comment


        • #5
          Well, that's one way of making quota!!

          Here's an interesting thread with "the code" included:

          SilviaWA Forums > yellow sticker in my front yard

          and a link to where the code was pulled from:

          Western Australian Legislation - Road Traffic (Vehicle Standards) Regulations 2002 - Home Page
          Last edited by Sauer; 26-11-2013, 02:11 PM.
          __________________________________________________ ____________
          "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DreamTheater View Post
            G'day all,

            So the local Cunstable has gone around yellow stickering motorbikes parked in the city while people are at work.

            Unfortunately mine was one of them for a FE (what else?)

            Just a heads up, my best guess is they'll do the rounds again in another 2 weeks or so.


            I thought you had to be there in person to receive the fine??


            Wonder If other things will work like this with say cars? walk past see a bald tyre gets a yellow? never seen or heard of that before?



            but I spouse its only criminals who ride bikes so its all good....



            edit beaten?


            BTW I'm so lucky you have been taken off the streets with that illegal modification, I can rest easy again tonight






            RR
            http://www.cleanride.com.au - https://www.facebook.com/cleanridedetailingstudio/ - https://twitter.com/CleanRideAD - https://www.instagram.com/clean_ride_aus/

            Comment


            • #7
              No fine maybe? Just a trip to the pits.

              Cnuts.

              Lucky I am a law abid.....oh right, I'll pay that fine shortly.
              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RRossi View Post
                I thought you had to be there in person to receive the fine??


                Wonder If other things will work like this with say cars? walk past see a bald tyre gets a yellow? never seen or heard of that before?



                but I spouse its only criminals who ride bikes so its all good....



                edit beaten?


                BTW I'm so lucky you have been taken off the streets with that illegal modification, I can rest easy again tonight






                RR
                yes it does, years ago a mate down a burnout in the parking spot at leach hwy maccas just as a cop drove past. we seen the cop locked the car and ran and hid inside bunnings. Came out 20min later to find a yellow sticker stuck to the screen and paper work under the wiper
                B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am still amazed that they manage to fit a 3 1/2yr mechanic apprenticeship in the 8 week course to become a cop...they have all got to be very smart cookies!!!
                  SP RACINGis supported by:
                  MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                  Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                  Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Stephan View Post
                    I am still amazed that they manage to fit a 3 1/2yr mechanic apprenticeship in the 8 week course to become a cop...they have all got to be very smart cookies!!!
                    they dont have to its not up to the cop to say weather something is illegal or not, its the cops job to decide weather the vehicle needs an inspection for "suspected" illegal mods. If its legal or not is up to the pit inspector.

                    Much like its not a cops jobs to sentence a murderer, but it his his job to locate a suspected murderer so a judge/jury can sentence them.
                    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
                      Really? thats a bit fuckin low!!!
                      I know the whole if your bikes legal blah blah blah not have to worry, but really puttin stickers on bikes while they are in carparks.
                      Yeah, my point exactly - if I was pulled over and stickered it wouldn't phase me. Whatever, my FE is too short, it's annoying but it happens.
                      On the side of the road at work though, come on seriously guys?

                      Originally posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
                      the free bike bays on mounts bay?
                      or murray/william/etc?
                      Mine was parked on Stirling St, there were other bikes with stickers too. Hopefully they haven't gone to mounts bay road, yet...
                      Straight roads are for fast bikes - corners are for fast riders!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Would love to be a cop for a day and sticker every pollies vehicle they own for things like "check ride height", "Check oil leaks", "Check headlights" After all they don't require proof, just the idea that something might be a bit low, or a motor might leak oil.

                        Then see how they like how much time and annoying the process is. A fine in some ways is better, but for that you would need proof...
                        :stupid:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ha - right behind the police building... Definitely someone who needs to get their quotas up IMO.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My supervisor got done last week on Barrack St ( outside construction site ) , no fender....

                            I was lucky to have gone home early

                            Must be so much fun being a copper, and then they wonder why people don't respect them......

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Mr Mike is right. A yellow sticker is like a referral to a specialist.
                              Spiral out, keep going...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X