Rider down Mitchell Freeway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider down Mitchell Freeway

Just went past about half hour ago, Rider down on inside lane Northbound around Balcatta area. Plenty of people standing by, rider was laying on road obviously being kept still waiting for Emergency services. Black sports bike in a very bad way appeard to be a flat black R1 maybe.

Hmm... Black R1... Just checked with Crashlington - not him. Shan's away so not him either.

Comment

I feel it's the same guy.

Working in Charlie's atm saw a patient come in from motorbike crash, apparently black bike. He looked okay, xrays intact Spoke to ambo officers, dude was in stable condition, wearing full gear.

Comment

The bike looks a mess, it was in the emergency lane when we went pass around 7pm with a big orange reported sticker on it

Hope the rider heels up quickly.
        Originally posted by RRossi
        I'm a new non smoking poof who wears Lycra and works out to flash dance!
        Weird midlife crisis....

I'm a pony!! I'm a pony !!

RR

Comment

Passed it, lots of people on scene waiting for Ambo, saw smoke in the distance 500m out, looks like bike was on fire and was put out with an extinguisher. Rider was wearing a distinctive black helmet with orange flames. Hope he's OK. Looked like a lane change by a car was to blame the way the traffic was stopped.
          1199s, HP4 and a very forgiving wife.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,Rage, rage against the dying of the light."Dylan Thomas

Comment

Also passed it on the way back from work shortly after, rider was still laying on the ground I feared the worst, glad to hear he's relatively OK.
            Bike looked in a really bad shape... Also was wondering what the fire truck was doing there, now I know!

Comment

Was on the news...hit an run...bastard!
              SP RACINGis supported by:
              MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
              Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
              Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Hit and run
                Should have been enough witnesses I dare say
                I hope they get the person responserble and fry them their sexual organs
                REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                (anarchy in english )

Comment

Best of luck to the rider, hope the cage driver gets caught.
                  Originally posted by boeman
                  Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                  Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                  Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
                    Was on the news...hit an run...bastard!
                    Seriously - I hope the penalty is a whole lot worse then what the initial pineapple will be.

With all the cameras etc on the freeway it shouldn't be hard to locate the vehicle with some proper police work.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp View Post
                      with some proper police work.
                      You're new around here, aren't you.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                        You're new around here, aren't you.
                        Hope for the best - plan for the worst.

Comment

If its the same one I heard about on the news the driver handed himself into the plods.
                          Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

This was me

The good news is I pretty much walked away with minor injuries. I have a bit of road rash on my right ass cheek from where my jeans got pulled down and my left shin must have clipped the handlebars on the way out because I have the mother of all bruises (X-Ray came back fine). My neck is pretty tender today but I'm fairly sure I landed on my head and shoulder after getting high sided so I'm very thankful that was the worst of it. Everyone at the scene was amazing, within a few minutes there were at least 2-3 nurses, 2 doctors and a whole bunch of others making sure I was ok. The paramedics, doctors and nurses who took excellent care of me at Charlies were fantastic as well. They kept me overnight and I was all good to hobble out of ED the next morning.

The accident was pretty straight forward. I was in the outside lane which was travelling a bit faster that the middle lane (about 80kph). He was in the middle lane and the car in front of him slowed down so he made an abrupt change into my lane. At the time I was in his blind spot so the rear quarter of his car ploughed over the top of the front corner of my bike and I high sided. I saw him coming and tried to swerve into the emergency lane but just couldn't get away in time. All I remember was ground, sky, ground, sky, ground, sky, ground, sky, ground, sky, then looking back to see my bike in flames and the person behind me locking it up to avoid running the bike over. After that I was surrounded by people making sure I was ok and didn't move.

It's unfortunate that the guy drove off, accidents do happen but bailing on someone after you've laid them out on the freeway is pinnacle of dick moves. I haven't spoken to the police yet but hopefully he gets monstrous pineapple he deserves.

And here's the current state of my dearly departed bike - https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...76313596_n.jpg
                            Last edited by fr0st; 08-12-2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Fuck almighty, that's one crispy bike! No insurance I assume? Either way, good to hear you're up and about, hope they catch him and make him pay up for the damages.

Comment

Working...
                              X